Another vivid operation! Time to go for it! Let's go!!!!!!

Hey, people! I have been struggling to balance my time usage nowadays between Arknights, Azur Lane, blogging and watching anime. sigh...I am trying my best to do so. Well, at least I have published a new blog post this month...at least. 

What a scene...

Who is that? I wonder...

Anyway, in recent months, I find fall in love with a certain opening song of a certain anime that I'm gonna talk about now. Oh, you wanna know? It is...Vividred Operation!!!!!!!!!! Let's go!!!!!! All out for cute girls and cute lolis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.

Introduction


The anime series...

Ahem! I lost my composure a bit there. Anyway, this series, Vividred Operation (ビビッドレッド・オペレーション) is an original Japanese anime television series produced by A-1 Pictures and directed by Kazuhiro Takamura. Sadly, it doesn't exactly have a really high score...it's kinda average. I enjoyed it...Ahem! Back to the topic.

1st volume of the manga

It was aired in Japan between January and March 2013 and later being adapted into two manga that was published by ASCII Media Works. There's also a PS3 video game adaptation by Bandai Namco Games that was released in June 2013, which is a game about the MC squeezing out mayonnaise unto the rice. I dun really know about this. Never seen it. I wish for more of this franchise. Never mind, it's life. I doubt it will ever have any new works related to it anymore. Now, time to move on.

What a weird game...

Plot



That is the engine.

The story starts with a cute girl, Isshiki Akane living in a world where an invention known as the Manifestation Engine (示現エンジン) has solved all of the world's energy-related problems. I doubt that this kind of thing like a magic solution that solves all problems would ever happen for real. Anyway, this machine creates energy from the sky and thus, resolving the energy issue throughout the world and enters into a new era of peace. Wow...magic, that is, I say. In the story, this machine is located on an artificial, man-made island called Blue Island. 

Akane as usual.

OK, back to the MC, Isshiki Akane. Oh, why did I elaborate on that magic "machine"? It is important and integral to the story. Anyway, back to our cute MC, Akane. She lives a peaceful life with her family. Her grandfather Kenjirou is a smart yet eccentric scientist who is also the inventor of the Manifestation Engine. Ooh...nice. What a peaceful life...until a certain alien force appears.

Hug time!

Oh, you asked, "what is that alien force?" Hmm...this force is known as the Alone (アローン) attacks and invades Earth. They LITERALLY attack the earth ALONE and that's why they are known as Alone. LOL! xD

Alone...they are literally alone. xD

Anyway, why did they attack the earth? Well, their prime objective is to destroy the Manifestation Engine to send the world into chaos. The military cannot defeat it (not even able to hurt it significantly despite giving it everything. Well, if the military can defeat it, what is the show for? Anyway, our MC, Akane is been given the keys to access the Vivid System (ビビッドシステム), the only thing that can defeat the Alone, by her grandfather. This system allows her a Palette Suit (パレットスーツ) and possessing abilities unlike anything she ever imagined, Akane fights to protect the world from the Alone.

Ooh...new powers...

With this "magic" suit, she gets to recruits her classmates and best friend Futaba Aoi, who was returning to Izu Oshima when Alone first attack. Later, because of her school in Izu Oshima being bad destroyed, she met Saegusa Wakaba and Shinomiya Himawari. However, there's a mysterious girl (who we will know to be Kuroki Rei) who sabotages their efforts of defeating the Alone behind the scenes.

There is she! She is the one!

Despite knowing the culprit behind the sabotage their efforts to save the world, Akane decides to save Rei from the rampaging black crow that calls itself the messenger of "them" (the ones who send the Alones) after the whole truth behind the Alone has been found out. The whole story ends on a sweet note when Rei and Akane combine to defeat the crow, save the world and getting Rei's world back. What a beauty...ah...ahem! Anyway, let's move on to the next section.

That scene...the moment of truth.

That goodbye scene...

Anime Rating


Story (Rating: 7/10)

A pretty simple story with a simple background. No deep stuff like the ones in the Oregairu series. So, if you are looking for a story that has a deeper and more meaningful story, then I say, "I'm sorry. This is not the one you would like." This story also has a lot of fanservice. I dun think everybody would like it. Oh, the story's flow and pacing? It's decent and I feel that it's just nice. Also, this story is easy to understand. I give slightly lower marks here because I know that people would not like some of the fanservice here. For me, I dun mind. In fact, I like the fanservice here. smirk...

Time for a fight. intense rumbling...

Art and Animation (Rating: 8/10)

The arts and animation look pretty nice and quite consistent. The choice of colour scheme is well-chosen. I like that. The animations in terms of compatibility different of multiple screens and the movement of the characters...I think they are pretty good. Oh, also, I think you would like the transformation scene if you are into the fanservice. smirk...

I like the transformation scene...if you know what I mean. smirks...

Sound and Music (Rating: 8/10)

I'm hooked to the opening song. XD...Oh, the ending song? It's pretty good but I like the opening song more. Maybe I will make an 8-bit version of it. xD...Oh, the BGM and sound effects? I give a thumbs up. xD

Interesting scene...

Characters (Rating: 10/10)

The character developments are pretty decent as every character get a bit of story background, change in character and deepening of the relationship between each other. I like it. The characters are so cute!!! Especially AOI!!!! Ahem! I got a little too excited there. The likeability of the characters? Well, you should've caught it just now. The relatability of the characters to the audience? Probably friendship is 最強!!!Maybe not. xD

Futaba and Himawari time!

Enjoyment (Rating: 10/10)

Although the story doesn't exactly constitute a meaningful story, for me, I'm just here for cute girls doing cute things. The music? I didn't expect to enjoy the opening song SO MUCH! The fanservice? I think it's a welcome extra, for me. xD...Ahem! In short, I REALLY enjoy it. Problem?

Girls in swimsuits!!!!!!!!!!!



Overall Rating: 8.6 (8.25)/10

Screenshots


Cute Aoi!

Aoi in palette suit...CUTE!!!! KAWAII!!!

LOL! Now, kiss!

Ooh...a kiss...smirk...

Vivid Blue!

Futaba's palette suit...NICE!

More kisses!

Vivid Green!

Akane in palette suit...nice pose there.

Himawari in palette suit...I think you would like her transformation sequence. smirk...

Ooh...OHHH...Yuri kiss! Ahem! I got a little too pumped up.

Vivid Yellow!

Akane and Rei time!

That crow...evil crow...

...turns into this monster?!

Ooh...they are naked...smirk...Ahem! Let's move on.

Vivid Red! (the namesake of the anime, in part)

PV/Trailer




Conclusion


So...looks like it's the end of this post. I'm glad that I can publish this post despite having very little time to publish new blog posts. I can't really promise more new blog posts incoming as this anime season is a very busy season for me. Oh, by the way, I'm working on a post about the opening song of this anime. Do look forward to it. Anyway,  I hope that you enjoy reading and browsing this blog. Goodbye, and God bless you! 

A cute Aoi for all of you!!!

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

You said NO Fighting High School Girls?! Why not?

Let's talk about another Trinity Seven movie again!

A Tribute to KyoAni: An Afternoon Tea Time with the Girls from K-On

SukaSuka Anime Review: A SERIOUS Contender for Having the Longest Title for An Anime EVER!!!