The New Cringy Aikatsu Project...AIKATSU PLANET!!!!!

Hello, hello, hello! How are things for you now? For me, I had decided to use the time to edit my usual blog post and quickly tell you something that I thought that I would NEVER. EVER. TALK. ABOUT. It's still the same Aikatsu series from Bandai but this Aikatsu TV show has reached "heights" that I never thought it could...

So cringy...

silence for a moment...AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY YOU DO THIS, BANDAI?! WHY IS AIKATSU PLANET LIKE THIS?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (continue to the next part if you wanna know I'm so upset about it).



OK, OK, OK...Aikatsu series has been slowly losing viewers as different generations and the different franchise is being released...that's what I heard. But...why this?! AHHHH!!!!!!!! Is this another stupid Western/American political correctness sipping in NOW?! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! OK, sorry, I got ahead of myself. Sorry, I shouldn't go into this kind of thing. Sorry.



Anyway, this show was already hinted at back in 2020 as a new project after the end of the Aikatsu on Parade special episode. And yes, it was supposed to air on the 2020 fall season but because of the Covid-19 pandemic, it is been delayed like SO MANY OTHER ANIME. Oh yeah, BTW, the 1st video is the PV for the special episodes for Aikatsu on Parade.


This is the one...

This anime/live-action hybrid of this new project, Aikatsu Planet, which started airing on Jan 10, 2021, breaks away from traditional only animation Aikatsu projects. Man, Aikatsu, Aikatsu Stars, Aikatsu Friends, Aikatsu on Parade and the several movies and OVA...they NEVER EVER go this far...like EVER. This format gives me a hard time to start watching it. I don't even know what to make of it.

Oh, God...I got a bad feeling about this...

That moment...and man, seriously, I can't really put my head around this...

Anyway, with my ranting ended, let's move on briefly to talk about the plot of the show that currently has 2 episodes being aired. The story starts by talking about an ordinary first-year student at the private academy Seirei High School, Otoha Mao. She was pulled into the idol world because of the unexpected and unannounced departure of Hana's previous alter ego, Hinata Meisa. Anyway, so far as the story goes, Mao's new role as the avatar Hana is a secret to everyone else until the agency that brought her in could make an official announcement.

Hana!

Back to the real world...

Yeah...that's it. That's all I could talk about this...TV show. I'm sorry. This change in style is WAY TOO MUCH until a point that I couldn't make a conclusion regarding this show at this point. I'm an Aikatsu fanboy but I...it's too hard for me to sink it in all of a sudden. Anyway, here is the PV for it...


Yeah...I think I should've watched the PV before even looking at it but I was too busy to even catch up with it. Never mind, I will leave it at that. Anyway, this project overall hasn't given me a good vibe and instead left me confused, lost and unsatisfied. I might get over it...hopefully. The change in the animation of Bandori from season 1 to season 2 was not that bad but man, it's been a long time that I've  ANY thoughts of catching up with a live-action show anime adaptation and even think of it as either disgusting or will never be better than the animated version. Give me some time to sink it in...sigh...OK, anyway, time for me to end this post. I leave you with another screenshot of the show. See ya! 

The stage animation looks nice there. Give me some time to judge this show.

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

A Tribute to KyoAni: An Afternoon Tea Time with the Girls from K-On

Ro-Kyu-Bu! Anime Review: Lolis and Basketball!!!

Literally EXPLOSION!!!!!!! Nanoha Detonation is here!!!!

SukaSuka Anime Review: A SERIOUS Contender for Having the Longest Title for An Anime EVER!!!