Dreamt of an OP Slime? Here is it! This is what I'm gonna present!

Welcome readers! I have finished talking No Game No Life a few days ago. I would say sorry for the HUGE delay. I was a little too lazy and had no mood to blog. I will speed up the progress for the next few. With that said, it's time to talk about the anime that I have recently finish watching. There are a few: Wataten, BanG Dream season 2, Grimms Notes and...

The slime anime...

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken!!! Or in short, TeSura. Why that short form? THAT...you'll need to know Japanese to know why. Anyway, without further ado, it's for the OP Slime anime!!!! Yes, I give a special name, OP Slime anime for Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken anime. OK, you know what? Let us move on, shall we?



WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.

Introduction


Anime cover...

The anime, 転生したらスライムだった件 (or translated in English, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime) is adapted from a Japanese fantasy light novel series of the same name. It is written by Fuse, and illustrated by Mitz Vah. Before being acquired by Micro Magazine, it was serialized online between 2013 and 2016 on the user-generated novel publishing website Shōsetsuka ni Narō.

Another anime cover?

There is even a manga adaptation published by Kodansha, together with a manga spin-off published by Micro Magazine and an anime television series adaptation by 8-Bit. The anime runs from October 2, 2018, to March 26, 2019, on Tokyo MX and other channels. Well, there is an original animation DVD was originally scheduled to be released on March 29, 2019, bundled with the 11th manga volume, but it was delayed to December 2019, bundled with the 13th manga volume.

Manga volume 1 cover...

Also, a second season has been announced almost immediately after the anime ended. The anime's second season is scheduled to air in 2020, with the staff and cast members reprising their roles. 8-Bit will still animate the series' second season. It will be a blast, I believe. Anyway, it's time to continue.

The anime cover for season 2? Hmm...

Plot


A normal life...

Well, the story starts off in a typical fashion for isekai (or in English, another world) anime. You dun know what is isekai anime? This kind of anime is where the main character(s) somehow travel into another world and start living a new life. Well, there are multiple anime that are of this genre but I'm not gonna go into it. Anyway, the MC is an average 37-year-old office worker from Tokyo with no girlfriend, Satoru Mikami. He was stabbed to death by a passing robber when he was meeting Tamura and Miho on the street.

...until this happened.

After making some requests to Satoru during the moments before his eventual death, he is somehow reincarnated into another world as a slime. Slime?! Well, it is not JUST any slime but as you can see from my blog title, it is an overpowered (OP) slime with some special abilities. This slime has a skill that gains new abilities after devouring other creatures. He became a slime and found himself stuck inside a cave.

Behold, I present to you the OP slime!!!!

While making his journey out, he becomes friends with the dragon Veldora, which was locked inside by a magical seal. He, as a slime now, is being given the name Rimuru Tempest after giving Veldora the name Tempest. Anyway, cut the long story short, he consumed the dragon in order to free Veldora from his seal. From there, he embarks on a journey to discover his new world and help other races along the way.

And yes, it's a dragon.

I started to watch the anime become of the slime's OPness. Anyway, speaking of OP main characters, Kirito from Sword Art Online. I might wanna properly watch Sword Art Online after clearing up most of the anime on my watching list. Anyway, I enjoy watching the anime because the story steers towards the direction of building things and probably changing the world for good rather warring and fighting. Well, there are fights but those fights are to reduce the damage done to the world and to his partners and friends.

This is the reason why I started watching this show. Spider-slime!!!!


Anime Rating


Story (Rating: 9/10)

I personally like the story although as someone commented, there is a lack of good villains and interesting conflicts. The story is relatively comfy despite the fact that there is fighting from time to time. The story flows pretty well and is relatively easy to understand. It also has good pacing, in my opinion. Well, not that I have read the original work itself.

Time to go home...

Art and Animation (Rating: 9/10)

The art is relatively good and the animation is well-executed. The animation and arts are consistently good throughout the anime's run. No full marks because I have seen better, in my opinion. Anyway, I admit that this animation is pretty good.

Beautiful view of the village...

Sound and Music (Rating: 9/10)

Decent soundtracks and BGM that suit the situation that it's placed in. As for the OP songs, they are quite good but I like the first opening song better. As for the ED songs, they are quite good. Equally good, I say. Anyway, take a listen to the theme songs for this anime, they are quite good. Ok, moving on.

Nice fight! BTW, from the opening sequence.

Characters (Rating: 8/10)

The characters are nothing very special...to me. There are all sorts of characters in this anime. It is quite difficult for me to pin down one single character that I like very much even though I could say that my favourite character is the slime. Why? I only like the slime OPness and not its character. I enjoy the story more than the characters. Oh, character development? Well, there is. The character developments are all over the story and in many different characters. Relatability? Well, I dun think that we can enter into some world like Rimuru's. LOL!

RIP Shizu...

Enjoyment (Rating: 10/10)

I enjoy my time chasing after new episodes of this anime. I enjoy the story of this anime and the expansion of the slime's kingdom. I would qualify this as an iyashikei anime and a really good one. I will watch it again when I have the time.

The tsundere dragon...LOL!!!!



Overall Rating: 9 (8.75)/10

Screenshots


Somehow is ruling the goblin village...

Ifrit, the fire spirit...

The unwanted encounter comes...

LOL!!!!

Oh, no...the orc disaster is born.

Cute Milim!

A nice chatting going on there...


Cute kids...

Time for the kids to shine!

Time to split ways...

PV/Trailer














Conclusion


OK, a little thought before I end this post. I got a little spoiler regarding what is the next part of the story after Rimuru returns. I won't spoil u but I say...it's bad news. That's all I'd say. Bye! I hope that you enjoy it! Hope to have you have here once again! God bless you!

Here is a cute blushing loli for you!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

Yell It OUT LOUD!!!! C-H-E-E-R!!!

I need an apartment for my figures and...maybe a Glass Doll?

Let's Aikatsu! This Time with Our Friends!

A literal dumpster fire! Ooh...brace yourselves...the snowflake storm incoming!!!!