Arisu...In Fact, I love you, just like how I love Momoka

Good day, people. How has your life been this year? For me, it has been a decent year. Oh, by the way, I'm still working on the Railgun anime blog post. The basic outline is done but still need the details to come together. Give me some time. I need to rewatch it or at least skim through it.

My dear Arisu-chan!

Anyway, this time, I'm taking a break from writing about anime and back to writing about anime songs. This time is about one of the insert songs in U149, "in fact". Here we go!


WARNING:-

Although this post is just about a certain anime song, there might be SPOILERS from the anime. If you plan to watch the anime without any spoilers, you can continue reading or move on.



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it, you HAVE been warned. Don't blame me for it if you insist on continuing to read this post.


Introduction


This cute album

The song "in fact" is an original song appearing on THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA MASTER 036 Tachibana Arisu album. It is performed by Tachibana Arisu (in Japanese, 橘ありす) who is voiced by Satou Amina (in Japanese, 佐藤亜美菜). This song is played as an insert song in the U149 anime, back in episode 11. That episode...that episode made me cry so much. I...silent for a minute...time to move on.

in fact...in the scene, it's only pain


Lyrics


Original

本当の私を
誰も知らない
ざわめく街で
いつも一人だった

だけどね あなたは
あなただけは
いつでも目をそらさず
見つめてくれた

伸ばしてくれた手
すり抜けたのは
嫌だからじゃなくて

真逆の心に気づいて
もっともっと
素直になれたら
自分でもあきれるくらい
大好きなのに
しまいこんでしまうのはなぜ

言われる一人でも
平気そうだと
そんなわけないよ
言い返さないけど

心を閉ざしてる
わけじゃないよ
ただ少し
うまく甘えられないだけで

呼び止められた日
うつむいたのは
嫌だからじゃなくて

真逆の心が歯がゆい
もっともっと
言葉にできたら
だけど今感じてる
あなたにだけは
私 自分を知ってほしい

どんなにたくさんの人がいても
あなたを 私見つけられる

真逆の心に気づいて
もっともっと
素直になれたら
自分でもあきれるくらい
大好きなのに
何も言えなくなるのは
なぜ

あなただけ特別なのは
なぜ

It's quite pretty

Romaji

Hontou no watashi o
Dare mo shiranai
Zawameku machi de
Itsumo hitori datta

Dakedo ne anata wa
Anata dake wa
Itsudemo me o sorasazu
Mitsumete kureta

Nobashite kureta te
Surinuketa no wa
Iya dakara janakute

Magyaku no kokoro ni kizuite
Motto motto
Sunao ni naretara
Jibun demo akireru kurai
Daisuki nano ni
Shimaikonde shimau no wa naze

Iwareru hitori demo
Heikisou dato
Sonna wakenai yo
Iikaesanai kedo

Kokoro o tozashiteru
Wake janai yo
Tada sukoshi
Umaku amaerarenai dake de

Yobitomerareta hi
Utsumuita no wa
Iya dakara janakute

Magyaku no kokoro ga hagayui
Motto motto
Kotoba ni dekitara
Dakedo ima kanjiteru
Anata ni dake wa
Watashi jibun o shitte hoshii

Donnani takusan no hito ga itemo
Anata o watashi mitsukerareru

Magyaku no kokoro ni kizuite
Motto motto
Sunao ni naretara
Jibun demo akireru kurai
Daisuki nano ni
Nanimo ienaku naru no wa
Naze

Anata dake tokubetsu nano wa
Naze

Arisu!!!

English Translation

No one knows the real me
I'm always alone in the bustling streets.

But you, only you,
You always look right into my eyes
Without turning away

The reason that your outstretched hand
slipped through me wasn't because I hate you

Please realize my true feelings
If only I were able to become more honest with myself,
I love you so much, enough to surprise myself
But why do I still shut myself off?

I'm always told that I can manage on my own
But it can't be true.
I can't respond to that, though

It's not that I've closed shut myself up,
But it's just I'm not used to depending on others.

When you called out to me, I wanna say that
The reason I hung my head wasn't because I hate you

My untruthful heart is getting frustrated
If only I could put it into words better.
But, now, I understand this feeling,
The feeling that I want to show to you, only you,
My true self.

No matter how huge the crowd is that you are in,
I can spot you right away.

Please realize my true feelings
If only I were able to become more honest with myself,
I love you so much, enough to surprise myself
But still, I can't say it out loud.
Why?

Why are you so special to me?
Just...why?

This moment between the producer and Arisu




Note: I used the one from iM@S Wiki and made some changes.

Mandarin Translation

无人知晓
真实的我
在繁华喧闹的街道上,
只有我总是独自一人。

但是,只有你,
对,只有你,
总是毫不忌讳地
注视着我。

我没有接住
你伸出的手
那并非我不喜欢。

而是我意识到自己内心
有着截然相反的想法
若我能更坦诚地表达自己,
自己都会觉得不可思议
我那么喜欢你,
但为什么要把它隐藏起来?

人家说我即使是独自一人,
都肯定没关系。
虽然事实并非如此,
但我也无法反驳。

我并不是已封闭
我心灵的那扇门,
只是那么一点点地
不擅长撒娇和依赖他人。

那天被你叫住时,
我只是低下头
那并非我不喜欢。

而是烦恼着自己那不老实的内心
若我能更坦诚地
表达我的感情,就好了。
但我只想对你说,
我希望你能了解我。

即使你身处多大的人海中,
我都能找到你。

我意识到自己内心
有着截然相反的想法
若我能更坦诚地表达自己,
自己都会觉得不可思议
我那么喜欢你,
但为什么我就是说不出来?

为何你就是那特别的存在?
为何?

Arisu doing some stretches...


Malay Translation

Tiada sesiapa yang tahu
Diriku yang sebenar
Dalam kalangan orang ramai,
Aku selalunya kesendirian.

Tapi, kau
Hanya kau yang
Selalu memberikan perhatian kepada ku
Tanpa apa-apa keraguan

Ku tak memegang
Tangan kau yang terhulur
Itu bukan kerana ku tak suka

Tapi kerana aku sedar bahawa
Hatiku yang tak jujur tu.
Jika ku lebih jujur,
Ia akan menakjubkan diri sendiri
Aku begitu mencintaimu
Tapi kenapa aku nak menyembunyikannya?

Orang lain kata meskipun aku bersendirian
Aku seolah-olah berasa tak apa
Walaupun hakikatnya bukan begitu,
Aku tak dapat membalas.

Bukannya aku dah menutup
Pintu hatiku kepada sesiapa pun
Aku sahaja 
Tak bisa bergantung kepada orang lain.

Apabila kau panggilku pada hati tu
Aku tunduk kepala dan tak peduli
Tu bukan kerana aku tidak suka

Tapi kerana hatiku yang tak jujur tu membingungkan aku
Jika aku dapat menyatakan persaan ni, baguslah.
Tapi sekarang aku hanya nak memberitahu
Kepadamu, hanya kamu.
Aku ingin kau mengenali diriku yang sebenar.

Meskipun kau di kalangan orang ramai,
Aku pun akan dapat mencarimu.

Aku sedar bahawa
Hatiku yang tak jujur tu.
Jika ku lebih jujur,
Ia akan menakjubkan diri sendiri
Aku begitu mencintaimu
Tapi kenapa aku tak dapat menyatakannya?

Kenapa kau begitu istimewa?
Mengapa?

Arisu and the blue ribbon

 Commentary


Momoka and Arisu moment

This song is made before the anime is being done so you might think it has little relation to the anime. Well, wrong! The song is about a lonely girl who is unable to be honest with others, including the one she likes. Doesn't sound like Tachibana Arisu? You still dun get it? Let us go back to the anime.

Cute Arisu fluffed her lines

You see, Arisu initially doesn't like the idea of some of the girls in U149 calling her by her given name, Arisu, as she thinks it sounds childish. For Japanese, the common practice is that they call others by their given names only when they are either okay with you doing so or are close enough with you to be comfortable to let you do so. It's cute to see Arisu fluff her line while trying to call Momoka by her given name when the producer came back to check on them.

Arisu...why?

Because of her strong personality, she decided to keep a distance and keep her wishes and desires from her busy parents who are having a hard time finding time for her. Ah...doesn't it feel the loneliness and isolation that is presented in the song? Although she is around her friends in U149 all the time, she never seems to open herself much to them until after the incident in Episode 11 where she goes missing for a while in the city when raining.

Arisu...

The song also talks about having inner conflict, which clearly fits the whole ordeal with Tachibana Arisu. Her inner conflict of wanting to be mature and her dream as a successful idol caused her to not tell them about her idol activities and her wish to become an idol until it was unavoidable. Well, in the end, it was all good with the help of the producer. She and her parents resolve it and back to one happy family again. So sweet. So sweet that I cried. Anyway, time to move on.


A special family meeting. I cried.


sniff...the pain and the touching moment

Conclusion


The translation for the song is brought to you by Bard from Google! Well, kinda. I did enlist its help to translate but it was for reference on the phrasing of certain parts and used different vocabularies for the translation. It's quite good. I planned to publish this before Christmas but because of last-minute jobs, attending Comic Fiesta and catching a cold on Saturday, I could only publish this today. Anyway, I hope that you enjoy reading and browsing this blog. Goodbye, and God bless you! Oh, also, I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas!!!

Loli Arisu!!!

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

Yell It OUT LOUD!!!! C-H-E-E-R!!!

I need an apartment for my figures and...maybe a Glass Doll?

Let's Aikatsu! This Time with Our Friends!

A literal dumpster fire! Ooh...brace yourselves...the snowflake storm incoming!!!!