Drama Notes from the Scarecrow Girl, Hinako

Hi, people. I still wanna post at least one post every week whenever I can despite me having a job now. So, here it is. Another post for this month! I hope you will appreciate this post as you read it till the end.

Back in shape to write...

This is gonna be a post about Hinako Note. I had finished watching it quite a while ago but I didn't post it because I have other posts to write and many other things to do. Without further ado, it is time we move on. Let's go!



WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.

Introduction


Anime cover...

The anime, Hinako Note (in Japanese, ひなこのーと) is adopted from a four-panel manga series by Mitsuki, which has been serialized in Comic Cune, Media Factory's seinen manga magazine since August 2014. This magazine is originally a magazine supplement of the seinen manga magazine Monthly Comic Alive until August 2015. What is a seinen manga magazine? It is a magazine gear towards young adult men (and yes, usually men. I wanna buy one too!). And of course, this manga did come up with a special book that compiles the manga series. If you wanna buy it, you get it on the ComicWalker website. BTW, the anime is animated by Passione and was aired in Japan between April and June 2017. I didn't watch when it was airing but never mind, I have finished watching it this year!

The manga cover...

Plot


LOL...turning into a scarecrow...weird

The story starts with a peculiar girl named Sakuragi Hinako (and yes, if you have already noticed, I put the family name first because this is what it SHOULD BE for Japanese names.). Ahem, this girl is peculiar in a way that she is good at being a scarecrow because she is too shy to even talk. LOL! What's even weird? She is interested in theatre and wants to act in a theatre. Double LOL!


Kuina...no eating book pages...lol

Anyway, Hinako met another peculiar girl who eats part of the book's pages when she is hungry and is consistently hungry and loves to eat. Her name is Natsukawa Kuina. Her weird habit of eating books does not go well with someone I know on Discord (who happens to love reading). Weirdly, her name sounds weirdly similar to the Japanese word, kui (食い), which means eating. Is this intentional design that relates to her personality or is this just a coincident? Hmm...

The maid girl...

Anyway, Hinako also met the girl that is also...should I say peculiar? She is quite an interesting character (and also cute). She also gets shy quite easily (although not as bad as Hinako). She is Hiiragi Mayuki. She always has her maid attire and is not shy about it but shy about cute girly clothes. What a weirdo...Putting that aside, she also meets the owner of the place she stays, Hagino Chiaki.

Chiaki...

And well, they are staying together, in a bookstore Hitotose (and also had a cafe beside it, which is also Chiaki's store. LOL!). Hinako is from the village and came to Tokyo to attend Fujiyama High School. Why? To join the theatre club, in which she found out that it's on a hiatus. She then decides to their own theatre troupe, together with the residents of Hitotose.

The formation of troupe...and lol, why the numbers?

Is there a resistance to Hinako's dream? Yes and no, it is from Nakajima Yua. Why a yes and no? Well, Yua's resistance is more comedic than actually proper resistance (and also tsundere!). Anyway, with her and her friends (which does increase over time) is set to move towards Hinako's dream, step by step (and also probably from one comedic scene to another comedic scene).

Yua the challenger is here!

Anyway, I can't give many details regarding the plot of the story. Otherwise, it will be no fun since this show is a comedy in nature. It's not fun to know the jokes and the funny scene before listening and watching it yourself. Anyway, this anime is better in terms of having some sort of goals rather than just cute girls doing cute things like GochuUsa and KinMoza. OK, that's it. Let's move on!

LOL...a real deer!

Anime Rating


Story (Rating: 10/10)

Again, I say this: This anime is better in terms of having some sort of goals rather than just cute girls doing cute things like GochuUsa and KinMoza. Regardless of that, I did give the two of those anime full marks based on the story being cute (yes, I'm biased). This story is not as cute as those two anime but I still give a full mark on this based on the fact that the story has better obvious structure than the two of those (and I wanna give it the credit it deserves). The relative easiness to understand the story? For me, it's easy to understand. Nothing complicated. The pacing of the story? I think it's alright. There is really nothing to rush in a comedic anime.

The stage play...

Art and Animation (Rating: 8/10)

The animation is consistent and nothing very special about it. It is done the way that it should have been done. The character looks cute, I admit but not as cute as Kiniro Mosaic and Gochuumon. Just my opinion.

LOL...cute!

Sound and Music (Rating: 8/10)

The BGM is fine...but the music that catches people's attention is the opening and the closing theme songs. If your BGM stands out, it is either very good or absolute rubbish! The opening theme song is quite cute and catchy. Same for the ending song. Pretty good.

The OP song...

Characters (Rating: 8/10)

For me, the characters are not as likeable as the ones from Gochuumon and Kiniro Mosaic. Those are not the most important thing. I love their character development even though the goal is still very far from being achieved yet. Well, the characters are still cute and show decent character development.

Cute Christmas outfits...I like Mayuki's one there. So cute! Kya!

Enjoyment (Rating: 10/10)

I enjoy the fun and the weird moments of the anime. FULL MARKS! What? Sorry, people. I am biased. Anyway, I like and enjoy watching this anime. Maybe I might rewatch it. Who knows?

swimsuit shopping...



Overall Rating: 8.8 (8.5)/10

Screenshots


Poor Mayuki...

Time for some patting!!!

Yua...She is quite the cutie.

The girls!

The blushing Mayuki...

...is simply just cute.

And yes, Mayuki's cuteness is just exquisite! 

LOL...Yua, what are you trying to do?

And you too, Kuina...LOL!

Childish side of Mayuki appears...

Tada! Swimsuit fanservice! Sorry that it's not a bikini. Sticking out the tongue...

PV/Trailer







Conclusion


Well, that's the end of the post. The anime is quite cute. Well, for me, mostly, I'm all about Mayuki and Yua's cuteness on this show. Mayuki first and then followed by Yua. Anyway, since I have nothing much to write here, it's time for me to press for the post ASAP. I hope you all enjoy this post and I hope to see you again. Goodbye, and God bless you!

Ending this post right here. Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

You said NO Fighting High School Girls?! Why not?

Let's talk about another Trinity Seven movie again!

A Tribute to KyoAni: An Afternoon Tea Time with the Girls from K-On

SukaSuka Anime Review: A SERIOUS Contender for Having the Longest Title for An Anime EVER!!!