Romance Under the Moon. Literally.

Hello! I'm back here once again. I'm still don't have all the time to spare for blogging but I will take out for it because I like it. Yeah! Anyway, guess what anime I'm gonna talk about today. See whether you can guess it or not?

Aww...I wish I...never mind.

Can't guess it? Anyway, to be honest, you can use Google search to find out anyway. I will tell you. It's Tsuki ga Kirei. Let's move on. This is gonna be a cute and sweet trip. It will make wanna fall in love again (maybe, who knows? Just saying). Anyway, let's continue this post.



WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.

Introduction


anime poster

The anime, Tsuki ga Kirei (in Japanese, 月がきれい) is an anime that is being adapted from...I'm just kidding. It is an original anime by the animation studio Feel. I never even heard of it but never mind, let's move on. The anime's title is being translated into English as: As the Moon, So Beautiful. BAD MOVE. I dun like it. Anyway, this anime is being aired in 2017 from April 6 to June 29. OK, right, anything else? Nothing? OK, let's move on.

Looking at the moon...

Plot


She notices him...

...and he notices her.

This anime starts off with a rather shy and introverted main character, Azumi Kotaro who loves to write novels in his free time. He and the girl whom he will fall in love with, Mizuno Akane became third-year students at junior high school and are classmates for the first time. Well, they did start to notice each other before even knowing each other. An embarrassing saga, which involves meeting each other's family in a restaurant makes them notice each other even more.

The relationship levelled up after the LINE ID saga...

Later, they are put in charge of the equipment for the sports festival. After the saga involving Akane adding Kotaro LINE ID, the story between them has started. Since these two people are very shy, it took them quite a while to even be able to chat with each other face-to-face. I'm sorry? You were asking? Oh...well, there is a triangle love-relationship like any other love story. Duh! But it's not that triangle relationship didn't have any development other than the fact that it exists.

Their moment together...in the library

Who is in that triangle relationship, you asked? Other than Kotaro and Akane, there are two other people. They are their fellow students, Nishio Chinatsu and Hira Takumi. Who likes who? Well, I will leave this question hanging here. LOL! Just joking! I'm telling you the answer. Kotaro and Akane like each other...it's quite obvious. As for Chinatsu and Takumi, Chinatsu had a crush on Kotaro while Takumi is in love with Akane.

The other guy involved in the triangle...Takumi

The other girl involved in the triangle...Chinatsu

Anyway, they slowly grow into each other more and more. They started to even admit that they are dating. Of course, there are challenges along the way, mostly between the both of them. There is not much excitement other than the time when they rub against each other, very few external factors for their frictions. Oh yeah, I have forgotten! Akane is in the track club, together with Takumi and Chinatsu. As for Kotaro, he is in the literature club, usually alone (even though there are other members that never showed up). And oh yeah, the OVA! The OVA is mostly funny montage slots of people of the same age than a continuation of the story.

The literature club member...mostly non-existent

To be honest, this is probably one of the few anime that I watch that is plainly romance. I generally watch comedy romance or other forms of comedy anime. 3D shows are no longer my thing. Anyway, I like this anime very much. The anime is really cute despite it not even close to being a moe show. Yes, I said it! This anime is cute even though it's not moe at all. Why? The interactions between Akane and Kotaro are so cute, even makes me a little embarrassed (but honestly, I was more embarrassed when I was watching 12-sai). Anyway, let's move on!

They blushed again...Aww...

Anime Rating


Story (Rating: 10/10)

The plot of the story is really simple, just like the 1st season of Love Live (and probably the life of most people). Sometimes, nice and simple is the best. Writing it into a book? Someone told me it might not be suited to be written as a book on itself. The simple storyline of the anime is the one thing that has captivated the hearts of so many anime fans (including me). Since the anime follows a simple plot, it is actually very easy to understand and have decent pacing. And also, the OVA is quite funny to watch.

The cute interaction during their 'date' in the bookshop

Art and Animation (Rating: 8/10)

The look of the characters is quite good although they are not drawn to my preferences. There are still quite cute when they blush (I mean the two MCs mostly). The animation is quite good although it is not as good as Nagi no Asukara (in my opinion). To be honest, there is nothing very outstanding but it's still quite a beauty to behold at times.

A decent look of the city...

Took this screenshot...the art of the anime is not awesome but it's pretty good

Sound and Music (Rating: 10/10)

The BGM...wait, you know what? If the BGM is bad, it will be too obvious. For me, I think that BGM must be at least decent and appropriate for the situation that it's used in. The opening song is one of my favourite songs at one moment of time. As for the ending song, it is beautiful but a little too long for me and it requires me to have a special mood for it. Oh, the insert song? It is fine as a love song, actually.

From the OP...

Characters (Rating: 8/10)

The characters are quite good, especially the main characters. But sadly, the character development is mostly about the two of them. Although I like the two of them, the anime's simplicity and being quite focused on developing the two of them means that I won't giving a full mark for this segment. Well, although in real life, there is no complicated love story (probably there will be a few more troublesome love triangle and some probably worse), it is not exceptionally great for a story. I gave the story segment a full mark because it was simply beautiful and yes, it's my preference.

Aww...the couple in the amusement park.

Enjoyment (Rating: 10/10)

I enjoyed it, to be honest. The simple storyline, the couple's cute interaction with each other and the fairly normal struggles in their relationships and in their life are ALL so captivated. I felt so connected to it until I feel like I want a girlfriend now. Anyway, not interested in 3D girls, only 2D girls. xD

Kotaro punching the line...literally. LOL!



Overall Rating: 9.2 (9)/10

Screenshots


The embarrassing saga

Akane is quite a cutie, isn't she?

A weird confession under the moon...

Akane running on the track...

Confession from senpai (Takumi)...to Akane

Oh...someone is jealous here...JELLY!!!

Confession from another girl...and gets a hug from her?!

One of the more painful moments...it was painful for me to bear also, you know?

PV/Trailer






Conclusion


Congrats, you have reached the end! Oh, that episode 6.5 thing? Like Nanoha Vivid episode 12.5, there is no meaning to it. They are just a flashback episode. Feel like having a girlfriend or boyfriend now? Sorry, I'm a guy and no, I'm not gay. Plus, I'm not that interested in finding or having one. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it and hope to see you again. Goodbye, and God bless you!

A sweet ending...probably a little bittersweet there...

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

You said NO Fighting High School Girls?! Why not?

Let's talk about another Trinity Seven movie again!

A Tribute to KyoAni: An Afternoon Tea Time with the Girls from K-On

SukaSuka Anime Review: A SERIOUS Contender for Having the Longest Title for An Anime EVER!!!