More Cute Girls and Rabbits!!!!!!!! OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, hi! I'm back. It's time for me to write as many blog posts as possible since I'm not so busy now. Plus, I hope to have more views on my blog. Anyway, let me tell you what I'm writing here now.

Oh...Chino

With an OVA upcoming next year and a season 3 upcoming in the year 2020, it's time for me to do an anime review of the Gochuumon movie. A little spoiler...it's a REALLY cute movie!!! Well, this one is not really a spoiler. The real spoiler comes later in the post...so...let's GO!!!!



WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.

Introduction


Movie/OVA poster...

This anime doesn't need much of an introduction. I have done this on my previous review and also gave my own rating for it. And yes, I have done for both seasons except for the movie. This movie is given the name, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu Ka?? ~Dear My Sister~. The movie was announced in May 2016, produced by a new animation studio Production doA. LOL...why the name doA? Anyway, it was screened in 40 movie theatres across Japan on November 11, 2017, and was later released on home video on May 30, 2018. Well, you might be tempted to think that the OVA and the third season was announced in the movie. But WRONG! It was on September 16, 2018, months after its first release. Like what I said, the second OVA project will be released in 2019 and a third anime season is scheduled for release in 2020. Hopefully, no delays. BUT, no guarantee though.

The poster for the announcement...

Plot


LOL...the train station drama...

The anime starts off Cocoa leaving for her hometown after receiving a letter from her older sister. And the drama before she leaves ensues...LOL...Girls, it's only for a week. Come on. And Maya, Megu, why are so horrified? LOL!

LOL...that face

Anyway, why is she returning home for a moment? Her sister mentioned that the family bakery shop is getting busy recently. She takes it as a sign to return home to help for a moment (and also to see her family again). And well, what happens to the rest of them when Cocoa returns home? Well, this is what the story is about. And also, what happens to Cocoa back in her hometown is part of the story.

Not again, Chino

And well, just like previously when Cocoa is not with Chino, she becomes 'Cocoa-sick'. LOL! Same for Chiya. LOL! Anyway, I'm not gonna talk about the details but briefly, talk about the story outline instead. Like I have mentioned, it is about Chino and the rest of the girls when Cocoa is back at home with her family.

Rize and Chino pouting...the plush toy saga

In this story, there is quite a number of flashbacks of Chino and Rize's pre-anime moments. There is a lot of cute and funny interaction between the character without Cocoa being with them. That is what makes this anime so likeable! As for Cocoa, a slightly different dynamic as the people that Cocoa is with are her older sister and her mother. Where is her father, you asked? Don't ask me. I dunno.

The flashback of Cocoa and Mocha...

Anyway, I won't describe too many details of the anime as it could spoil the OVA/movie for you too severely (and ironically, I said that this post is spoiler-heavy). Anyway, the funny interaction is intact as usual even without Cocoa being with her usual gang. And of course, Cocoa's funny interaction with her family is there but not as much the funny interactions between the rest of the girls back in the town where Cocoa attends her high school.

Sharo and Chiya helping the troubled Rize...

There are some moments where it gets a little serious but the show is still highly light-hearted. A lot of cute moments are in this shows but they are not as cute as season 2 (well, maybe because of the ED song, Tokimeki Poporon that everybody goes crazy and make memes about). Anyway, someone said that the movie feels a little deja vu. Come to think of, there are some elements of the story reused in the movie but this is not the thing that ruins the show if it's well-executed. Boy, it's well-executed and I like it VERY MUCH.

Please notice me!!!

And of course, she came back but earlier than scheduled because her mother advised her to join her friend back in that town for the fireworks festival. And again, some of the elements of season 2 are reintroduced into the movie/OVA. Anyway, it doesn't matter as it adds to the dynamic between the characters. It was funny. I like the movie all the way. I rewatched some parts over and over again. I really like the movie so much that I might rewatch it from the start once again.

What is even going on here?

Anyway, I like the fact that some of the side characters who are not been given a lot of screen time are given significant screen time and are integral to our story progression in this OVA. Well, I always like to see that the side characters do develop in the story. It certainly didn't feel like Nanoha Reflection where ALL of the side characters are briefly introduced instead of given a proper introduction and been given more screen time. BUT...well, that was under different circumstances? Never mind, let's move on to the next segment.

lol...no

Anime Rating


Story (Rating: 9/10)

The story feels quite familiar and at the same time, fresh. Fresh because it is the 1st time that Cocoa and Chino are REALLY far away from each other. Familiar because you can see elements of the previous season at play in the movie/OVA. Still the same cuteness but not as good as season 2 (probably because of Tokimeki Poporon).

Another look...wait, a plush toy!

Art and Animation (Rating: 8/10)

The arts and animation look and feel pretty much the same (which was actually pretty good). I didn't realize that it was done by another studio until I start to write this post. So yeah...the studio, doA did a pretty good job!

A nice look at the train station...

Sound and Music (Rating: 7/10)

The theme song is still cute and have the same vibe as the previous opening and ending songs. Quite a cute song but in my opinion, not as good as the previous ones. The BGM? Well, as usual. Why am I even talking about BGM again? And oh yeah, the insert song that is inserted later during the start of the show! An interesting song, I say.

Opening song...or insert song, should I say?

Ending song...and hey, the cute lolis!!!

Characters (Rating: 10/10)

Well, this movie/OVA hardly have much character development and shows the usual character trait. I remember that Chino uncharacteristically invited the rest of the gang to go to the fireworks festival. It is so cute!!! Plus, the characters are STILL really cute!!!  The interactions between the different characters didn't change much and are as cute and funny as ever.

The Cocoa family trio...wait, where is the father?!

Enjoyment (Rating: 10/10)

I'm a HUGE fan of Gochuumon...and I like this special episode of Gochuumon. Since they are making another OVA next year and a season 3 in the year after, I hope that they are making them as enjoyable as the previous 2 seasons and this movie/OVA. Back to topic, I like this show very much that I rewatch certain parts of the show. So yeah, in other words, I enjoyed it.

That face...lol



Overall Rating: 8.6 (8.25)/10

Screenshots


Cocoa's family reunion...

LOL...Cocoa...

Mocha...poor thing...

A cute loli! Ahem, that's an interesting bread.

Rize blushed so hard...LOL!

Chino as a magical girl...wait, I have seen this somewhere before. Hmm...

PV/Trailer








Conclusion


Yeah! I'm thankful that you are reading this until the end. I might post a special blog post or maybe just a Facebook post or even just on my AniList status when the OVA and season 3 is out. Anyway, I enjoyed your visit to this page. I hope that you enjoy your visit here too. Hope to see you again. Goodbye, and God bless you!

Maya and Megu join into the bath party!

Cute! BTW, the cute girls are for you (and also myself)!

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

You said NO Fighting High School Girls?! Why not?

Let's talk about another Trinity Seven movie again!

A Tribute to KyoAni: An Afternoon Tea Time with the Girls from K-On

SukaSuka Anime Review: A SERIOUS Contender for Having the Longest Title for An Anime EVER!!!