Anyway, as I've said in the title, it's time for more chuuni action!!!! I've decided not to give points to the OVA as they are mostly just for laughs and usually does not contribute much to the overall series. SO...I will only talk about the two movies of Chuunibyou Demo Koi Shitai!
WARNING:-
SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!
P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.
Introduction
Movie no. 1!!!
OK, let's start the introduction. The first movie that I'm gonna talk about is the movie, 小鳥遊六花・改 ~劇場版 中二病でも恋がしたい!~ (translates as Takanashi Rikka Kai: Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Movie), which is also named Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions: Rikka Version. The movie is made by Kyoto Animation, directed by Tatsuya Ishihara and is written by Jukki Hanada Studio. It was released on September 14, 2013, and has a runtime of 96 minutes
That is the poster for the Take on Me movie.
The second movie that I'm gonna talk about is 映画 中二病でも恋がしたい! -Take On Me-, or in English, Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Take on Me. It is directed by Tatsuya Ishihara and animated by Kyoto Animation. It premiered in Japan on January 6, 2018, and has been licensed by Sentai Filmworks and Madman Entertainment. Also, do I need to say that this series is originally a light novel series? And also, the story on the anime is completely different from the original story. OK, time to move on.
Let's go into the Chu2 world!!!!!
Plot
Time for the flashback...
OK, let's start. Takanashi Rikka Kai is an interesting movie but it is mostly a summary of the events in Chunibyou season 1 being told through the perspective of Rikka. Of course, there is some original story that is a continuation of the previous season but it is mostly about the flashbacks in season 1. Nothing much new. So, with that, I'm gonna move on to another movie with a more prominent story.
What an imagination...
The movie Take on Me is another very interesting movie. It starts with the usual Chuunibyou anime running gag and also the possibility that Rikka will leave Japan with Tooka, her older sister. With the encouragement of the usual gang, Rikka and Yuuta decided to go on a "trip" to run away from Tooka. Wow...Anyway, the story is mostly about Dekomori Sanae and Nibutani Shinka chasing after the couple even though they are the one who egged them on to go on this "trip". Why? They are being blackmailed by Tooka, Rikka's super sister (and seriously, why isn't she being called a stalker yet?!).
That fight...once again.
Even though this trip is a "run-away-from-home" classical story, there are interesting, funny things and also drama on the way. And also, the running gag involving Shinka and Sanae throughout the movie is absolutely hilarious. The internal conflict in Rikka regarding her second identity (or "inside identity" as I would like to call it) and her love for Yuuta. The ending is pretty interesting, which ends with attending Tooka's marriage in Italy. LOL! Anyway, there is nothing I could say here. Let's move on.
Sweet...
Anime Rating
Takanashi Kai
Story (Rating: 7/10)
There is not much story, as I've mentioned. The plot of the story is mostly a flashback, a few flashes of Yuuta's pre-anime past and the present story post-1st season of the anime. There is not much of a flow and pacing to be said of but a summary and flashback on the story of season 1 of the series.
Yuuta...the Dark Flame Master.
Art and Animation (Rating: 10/10)
The character is still looking really good, as usual. The animation is pretty consistent and amazing as ever, like season 1. The imaginary fight is just amazing. Just amazing.
Wow...what an animation...
Sound and Music (Rating: 6/10)
Decent opening and ending theme song. Not my cup of tea though. And also, the background music is well-placed.
Snow...
Characters (Rating: 8/10)
Character development is basically non-existent, to be honest. I dun mind that since it is mostly a flashback movie. The only reason why I still rate is the nostalgia and the good character is brought from season 1.
Yuuta returns...
Enjoyment (Rating: 10/10)
I did enjoy it. The nostalgia again...And also the continuation part from season 1 is quite well-structured although it is mostly flashbacks. Good stuff there, especially for Chuu2 fans. To be honest, since it doesn't have much of its own content there, so I gave a pretty low mark for most of them.
That part...lol!
Overall Rating: 8.2 (7.75)/10
Take on Me
Story (Rating: 10/10)
The plotline of the story is pretty plain in terms of story pattern as it involves a chasing "game" but the emotions and tension during the chase are what captivates the audience. The story flows pretty well and has good pacing. The story is pretty much easy to understand.
The train ride that kickstarts the chase...
Art and Animation (Rating: 10/10)
Amazing art and animation are pretty much a staple for the Kyoto Animation's Chuunibyou series. The characters are well-drawn and the fighting (in their imagination) are pretty well-made.
That fight...oh, how nostalgic!
Sound and Music (Rating: 8/10)
The BGM is well-placed and well-made. As for the theme songs, it is pretty decent. It is nice that there are some old theme songs from the past seasons.
What are you doing, Rikka?!
Characters (Rating: 10/10)
The characters...it is really a good one. Cute and interesting characters. And also, character development, it is hardly being portrayed, to be honest...until nearing the end of the movie. The development is mostly about Rikka and Yuuta's relationship. Relatability? I'm not too sure about that though...
Time for confrontation...
Enjoyment (Rating: 10/10)
I enjoyed the Chuunibyou series overall, including this movie. The series is colourful and amazing in terms of animation. I like the running gags and light-hearted scenes. Good stuff there.
LMAO! This part!
Overall Rating: 9.6 (9.5)/10
Screenshots
Takanashi Kai
Two cute girls...
Yuuta's marriage...?!
Rikka also?!
And also Dekomori...what you doing here?
Oh, it's just a dream...
Yuuta meeting with Rikka's mother
A good hug...
Ah, that again...
Yuuta and Rikka...under a single roof. Hmm...
Take on Me
Dekomori and Nibutani are at it again...
Yuuta and Rikka discussing...
A group discussion? Hmm...
That confrontation...
Nibutani Shinka...you are reverting back to your old self...
Well, that's unexpected. O.O
Time together...Nibutani and Dekomori
Nibutani and Dekomori...well, at this point it's practically a running gag.
LOL! That was a meme, you know?
The ring...
OH! Looks like Shichimiya and Kumin are joining us now!
A discussion with Rikka's mum...again
PV/Trailer
Takanashi Kai
Take on Me
Conclusion
Well, that's the end. Oh, I'm not gonna give an overall rating as they are actually separate from each other. Anyway, I'm planning to tear apart Arifureta in the next post. I hope that you enjoy reading and browsing this blog once again. And also, this is Goodbye, and God bless you!
Hello! After two special posts ( Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso & Aikatsu ), I gonna to be writing an anime review after finished watching this year. Since I had posted a huge amount of post recently, this time I will take my sweet time to write this post. Of course, I would try to finish it ASAP. Cute, right? Anyway, had guessed what anime is it? Well, it's in the title. Duh! It's RO-KYU-BU! Yes, it's about a bunch of lolis and playing basketball. How? Well, you will see. WARNING:- SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!! P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.
Oh hi. I'm back. It was a great pleasure to talk about the lullaby song sung by Columbina, the former Third Harbinger of the Fatui . That song isn't just a song with beautiful, delicate music that is accompanied by soft, reverberating vocals; it is a part of the masterpiece of storytelling in the Nod Krai Archon Quest, which has been part of the version where the developer's aim is to bring the majority of the players up to date with the important lore in the game. Columbina...Oh, Columbina... A lot of important lore is hidden in multiple in-game item descriptions, in-game books, in-game notes in the open world, and within open-world quests. Unfortunately, many people lead busy lives and don't have time to do their own research, leaving room for ambiguous speculation that doesn't help the game and creates chaos. It's great that the devs brought the previously "hidden" in-game lore to the surface via the Nod Krai Archon quest. Columbina!!!!! Ah, I wrote...
Hello! I'm sorry to skip this for another anime but that other anime got me really hyped up for the other two upcoming anime. Anyway, I'll continue my blog writing as the CMCO is continuing until next month and me trying to make it a habit to write one post per week once again. smirk ...hehe... Anyway, after a good talk about our brave and cute girls (which is the latest post before this post is published), it's time to talk about the anime that I want to talk about last week, Trinity Seven's 2nd movie!!! YEAH!!!!!! Oh, you're asking what is Trinity Seven's second movie? It is Trinity Seven: Heavens Library & Crimson Lord, which is actually a sequel. I'm still waiting for a Trinity Seven season 2, you know? OK, let's move on since you know what I'm gonna talk about, shall we? WARNING:- SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!! P.S. If you...
HELLO READERS!!! Finally, I've some extra time even though I still have to make sure that I AM catching up with my studies properly. Pray that I would do well in my finals and in my tests. Well, I won't be writing a lot of post on this blog. BUT...I would like to write a review of a new anime. Assembling the word "BanG Dream" Yes, another anime related to forming a band and conduct live performance on stage. Get ready or you'll miss it. Let's GO!!!! WARNING:- SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!! P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You have been warned.
Hello, people! How is life? Good? I'm fine too. It has been a while since I have started a new blog post without a certain format. Man, it's so nostalgic. When did I last do this? Ahem! Anyway, time to get the topic. Hi! Welcome back! After a "catch-up" session with the Aikatsu movie series , I've decided to talk about the anime series, which is a continuation of Aikatsu Friends (I think so). Oh, did someone asked, "what is it?". Oh, it is Aikatsu on Parade!!!!! It's been given names like Aikatsu Friends 2: The Friendening, Aikatsu Friends 2: Friend Harder, Aikatsu Friends Ultimate. I also give names like Aikatsu Friends 2: The Ultimate Friendzone, Aikatsu on Steroids and Aikatsu Friends 2: Hardcore Befriending.
Comments
Post a Comment