What happens when you have only perverts to fall in love with?

Hi, people. This week, I'm trying to ramp up my blog post publishing as in recent weeks, I've been suck into the Arknights fandom. AH!!! Help! I didn't expect that I would be sucked into a TD game with a pretty poor RNG for character rolls (well, at least, in my opinion, poorer than in Azur Lane).

I almost bankrupted because of her...Ahem!

Anyway, back to the topic! I remember this scene...

Anyway, with me finally posting about NouKin (despite a certain game appeared in my life), I will be writing about another anime. Well, actually I wanted to talk about DomeKano's OP song but I decided against and went for normal anime stuff as it might take too long to produce. Anyway, the anime that I'm about to write here is HenSuki. Let's GO!!!!!!!



WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.

Introduction


Anime time!

HenSuki...Well, this name is actually the short form of the original name, Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasuka? (In Japanese, 可愛ければ変態でも好きになってくれますか?). Also, it is been translated in English as "Hensuki: Are You Willing to Fall in Love with a Pervert, as Long as She's a Cutie?" Hmm...Putting that really ridiculous name aside, the light novel series is written by Tomo Hanama and illustrated by sune. It has its first volume released on January 25, 2017.

That light novel cover...lewd!


There is also a manga adaptation with illustration by CHuN, which has been serialized since November 2017.  Also...wait, what?! There's also a drama CD?! Well...not gonna comment on that. Anyway, the 12-episode anime TV series is adapted by Geek Toys, which aired from July 8 to September 23, 2019. Who is Geek Toys anyway? Hmmm...let me check. Oh. A new studio...it has made anime adaptations of this series, Plunderer and two Date A Live movies. Also, it has its original animation work named RErideD: Derrida, who leaps through time. OK, that reminds me of a certain studio...OK, OK, OK, let's move on! I'm taking too much time here.

Wow...even the manga cover...

Plot


This is Keiki

Time to clean up...

The series starts with our pretty normal character, Kiryuu Keiki. And yes, I did emphasize the word "normal". Well, 'cause he is only one of the few more normal character that you'll ever see in this anime. So, he was dragged into cleaning up the calligraphy club's room, together with Tokihara Sayuki (the club president), Koga Yuika (his underclassman and assistant librarian), Nanjou Mao (his classmate and close friend) and Kiryuu Mizuha (his stepsister) because of Sayuki's practising of calligraphy.

Oh, a love letter. Wait, what is that?

OK...pantsu?!

Keiki's weird high school life starts with an unnamed love letter attached to underwear after the club room cleanup is done. Because of the letter is without a name, so he seeks his best friend, Aikyama Shouma to search for the identity of the sender of an unnamed love letter attached to underwear. They called that mystery girl, "Cinderella". So...can't we just have every girl to wear on this panty like the prince in the Cinderella story getting every girl to wear the glass shoe that is being left behind? No? Ok, OK, OK, please dun beat me or call the police! I'm just joking, alright?

Time for investigation!

Well, instead of getting to the answer that he wants, he caught himself discovering the special hidden peculiarities (more like fetishes) of the girls in his life (and some girls whom he hardly knows initially). Well, these girls are singularly perverted and desperately interested in getting him to participate in their perversion. OK...Wait, what?! Wow...anyway, the suspects were initially Sayuki, Yuika and Mao but he couldn't get the answers initially until the very end of the anime. So, yeah, it's a hilarious and weird journey to find the identity of "Cinderella". Those who watch this anime knows how that searching journey ends...hilarious and weird. Well, I think that's probably what will happen when you only have perverts to fall in love with. LMAO! Anyway, let's move on.

That ending...

Anime Rating


Story (Rating: 7/10)

The plot is unique in terms of having a search for "Cinderella" but for underwear (and a love letter without a name). Other than that, it's a pretty typical harem anime so I don't look highly for a season 2 or even expect a season 2. Anyway, the flow and pacing of the story...I think they are just right, for me. The story is pretty straightforward and easy to understand.

Poor Keiki...

Art and Animation (Rating: 8/10)

Cute girls...what more you want?! Ahem! Anyway, the animation and arts look good, to me. The girls look cute and good. The background and sceneries are well-drawn. Overall, it looks good.

Cute girls!!!

Sound and Music (Rating: 7/10)

The background music and sound effect are well-done. Hmm...closing theme song...it is pretty decent and suits the anime really well. As for opening theme song, I like it quite a lot. It's energetic and light-hearted. This fits the anime's nature of light-hearted and hilariousness.

Weird opening song sequence...

Characters (Rating: 8/10)

Unique characters with unique fetishes and likes...that is the talking point. Development? Well, they are mostly related to their relationship with the MC, Keiki. Our MC's friend, Shouma also had a special relationship with Ootori Koharu (the girl who blackmailed the MC to get close to his friend) and still growing. Anyway, other than that, it's just mostly the girls continuously engaged with the MC for their fantasies. Likeability of the characters? Hmmm...it depends on what kind of girls you like. As for the relatability of the characters to the audience...Hmmm...smirk...I would only you ask one thing: Do you have fetishes? That's all I would ask. smirk...

O.O...what?!

Enjoyment (Rating: 9/10)

I enjoyed it but I basically have to look at the occasion to watch it and make sure nobody is behind me seeing me watching this anime. Hey, who is there?! Ahem! If you do enjoy weird stuff like this to 吐槽 or to laugh at, then go ahead and watch it.

WOW!!! Your underwear is in trouble, my friend!



Overall Rating: 7.8 (7.5)/10

Screenshots


Sayuki, the masochist...

Yuika, the sadist...

Mao, the BL fangirl...

That blackmail...

Ooh...rabbitgirl Yuika. Cute!

Ooh...catfight again...

Cute Koharu! Well, that's until you know that she's a BIG stalker.

Cute Yuika!

Ayano...the guy's smell fetish girl.

O.O...wait, dun call the police!

That confession...from Mizuha.

That time...when we know that Mizuha have exhibitionist tendencies

PV/Trailer








Conclusion


This is my 200th blog post being published, it seems. It's kinda weird to celebrate this occasion with a really weird anime. Whatever. I dun really care as long as I enjoy and people are willing to read it. Well, that's the end, I guess. Nothing more I could say. I hope that you enjoy reading and browsing this blog. Goodbye, and God bless you!

Pompf! smirk...

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

You said NO Fighting High School Girls?! Why not?

Let's talk about another Trinity Seven movie again!

SukaSuka Anime Review: A SERIOUS Contender for Having the Longest Title for An Anime EVER!!!

Time for a fanfare!!!! Fanfare of Aikatsu!!!!! Aikatsu on steroids!!!!!!