Time for me to look into the ONLY Shakugan no Shana Movie...

Hi! How are you? I'm fine. Anyway, I'm hoping that I would publish the Aikatsu on Parade review post faster when the series ends. I dunno when it will end but I'm not looking forward to the end because Aikatsu is kinda at the end of its life cycle. Sad...

Remember this cute girl?

Anyway, this time I'm gonna talk about the ONLY Shana movie, which is Shakugan no Shana The Movie. BTW, this post is actually gonna be pretty short but I will try my best elaborate as much as I can. So...let's go!



WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.

Introduction



The title card...

I won't give much introduction to this series as I have done it already. Also, I have made up my lack of giving points to the series itself. This one will about the movie only because I didn't include it in my last post on the Shakugan no Shana franchise. Let me tell you one thing about this movie: The movie is not a sequel to the anime, but is an adaptation of all the events in the first light novel and contains events that were not in the anime series. Yes, it is not a sequel of any kind but a retell of the first arc of the whole Shana franchise with extra details not told in the anime TV series and little more faithful to the original light novel series.

Nice cover...

With that put aside, let me give the details of the movie that I get various sources, including from Wikipedia in a format that I wanna try.

Movie Name (Native): 劇場版 灼眼のシャナ
Release Date: 21 April 2007
Director(s): Takashi Watanabe, Shigeru Ueda (Co-director)
Writer: Yasuko Kobayashi
Music: Kow Otani
Studio: J.C.Staff
Producers: FUNimation Entertainment, ASCII Media Works, Showgate
DVD Release (Japan): 21 September 2007
Blu-ray Disc (BD) Release (Japan): 27 July 2011
Runtime: 90 minutes

Nice, right? Of course, there are many more contributors to the movies, just like in any movies but I can't possibly fit them all here. Dun worry, they are all in the credit section of the movie. Anyway, let's move on, shall we?

Let's move on!

Plot



Another familiar scene again...

The plot mostly follows the first arc of the Shakugan no Shana's first arc, which is the arc regarding Yuji's realisation of a world that was beyond him, Margery Daw's arrival into Misaki City and about the Crimson Denizen who is called the Flame Haze Murderer and Treasure Hunter. The story involves how Yuji get to know the Crimson Denizens existence because of the special treasure that is in him that allows him to move inside a seal just like a normal Flame Haze or Crimson Denizen. Shana gets involved with him because she wanted to prevent a possible Crimson Lord to grab the Treasure that inside Yuji.

Margery Daw's here...

Margery Daw's arrival makes things a little complicated for Shana but when the Flame Haze Murderer, Friange came into the mix, they teamed up against him. Well, it's pretty much the same but with some extra scenes. One different thing is that Shana was shot in the movie but not in the case of the TV series. That gun that Friange used against Shana is meant to force the Crimson Lord inside a Flame Haze out and using the pure power that the Crimson Lord possesses to kill the Flame Haze themself. Well, that didn't happen to Shana. I think I know why this scene is altered in the anime already...you know why? This is to keep the suspense better for the final episode of Shana. Anyway, this is gonna be pretty short as I've said. OK, let's move on.

Fight inevitable now...

Anime Rating


Story (Rating: 9/10)

Since this story is a more compressed version of the first arc of the light novel itself, some scenes are cut out but those are not that important to the final act to defeat Friange himself. The plot is overall fine but the flow and pacing are slightly compromised as it is done in a movie form. And also, the story is still easy to understand. Nice!

That scene again...poor Yuuji...

Art and Animation (Rating: 9/10)

The art and animation are overall much better in the movies than in the anime. The characters are much better drawn and are pretty consistent. The character movements are well done too BUT...I do see some scenes that are recycled from the first arc of season 1 (I think).

Good art of Alastor

Sound and Music (Rating: 7/10)

The background music is fine and well placed in different situations. The theme song is fine but not really of my taste. Anyway, there is not much to say here. Let's move on.

Awww...cute!

Characters (Rating: 7/10)

The characters developments are pretty rushed as there is insufficient time to develop them since it is in a movie form. Relatability? I'm not too sure about that. Maybe about working together? Judging from my knowledge of this arc and me having watched it, I'm not too sure what to make of its relatability.

Aww...isn't she cute?

Enjoyment (Rating: 8/10)

As an SnS (my shorthand for Shakugan no Shana) fan, I have enjoyed it but I would prefer the anime series. I admit the movie gives us a slightly different side of the first arc that is not presented in the anime TV series itself. Would I watch it again? I'm not sure about that though.

A little fanservice?



Overall Rating: 8 (8)/10

Screenshots



Usual classroom time...

Usual student life...

Some plotting is being done back the curtain...

Friange...and his doll. Oh, man...

Margery Daw vs Friange

Shana...Shana? NO!!!!!!!

PV/Trailer






Conclusion


Finally, I have closed my chapter with the Shakugan no Shana anime series. I might talk about it briefly again from time to time. Who knows? I can't just write off. Well, that's the end of this post. I hope that you enjoy reading this post and hope to have you browsing this blog once again. Goodbye, and God bless you!

Just have to put Shana's cute picture here...

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

You said NO Fighting High School Girls?! Why not?

Let's talk about another Trinity Seven movie again!

SukaSuka Anime Review: A SERIOUS Contender for Having the Longest Title for An Anime EVER!!!

Time for a fanfare!!!! Fanfare of Aikatsu!!!!! Aikatsu on steroids!!!!!!