Once again, coming to revisit my cute Shana! Aww...Oh...Ahem!!!

Hi, people! Anyway, I'm trying another post this week. I'm hoping that I would be able to write another blog post before the end of this week. Anyway, back to the topic.

Remember her?

I'm going to talk about Shana once again but this time, I wanna be talking about her and also the anime. Duh! I didn't give the rating last time so this time, I wanna do it right. Once and for ALL!!!! Let us begin!!!



WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.

Introduction

The 1st volume of the LN btw...

I gave an intro for this series previously. Anyway, I will still give a brief as the previous one is not exactly complete. The series started as a light novel and then it has a manga adaptation and of course, anime series with 3 seasons and two different OVAs. What is more interesting is that it has a game of its own, a PS2 game (initially), to be precise. The even more interesting part is that Shana (and maybe other characters from this series) are in the game called Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax.

This is the game. Well, it's not really a Shana game.

Anime Rating


Season 1

Story (Rating: 10/10)

The story's plot is a very typical hero journey story but it is this type of story that captivates the readers and viewers alike. Yuuji (the hero?) enters into a world where he didn't understand and didn't know. From there, he began his journey in this new world that he is being introduced. The story flows and paces pretty well and is pretty easy to understand.

Yuuji's normal life...which could've been.

Art and Animation (Rating: 8/10)

The characters are drawn pretty well. The animations are well-done and consistent and also, the fighting animation is great. To be honest, it is really good except if it is compared to modern times and even to the next two seasons.

Fight!!!!

Sound and Music (Rating: 7/10)

Good background music. Decent OP and ED songs. The first OP and ED songs are my favourite on the first season of Shana. The second OP and ED songs are not really my cup of tea, to be honest.

Isn't she cute? From the opening sequence btw.

Characters (Rating: 9/10)

Character development? Mostly on the main characters, Yuuji and Shana, in terms of relationship and character building. As for the side characters, they mostly focused on those who frequently interact with the two main characters, which are mostly their classmates. The relatability of the characters to the audience? I'm not too sure about that. Maybe our life is like the hero's journey at times? You judge.

Shana...love her red eyes and red hair?

Enjoyment (Rating: 9/10)

This anime is one of the few anime that I've watched before I got in catching the latest anime madness. And yes, of course, I enjoyed it. The fights, the growth of the two main characters and the interaction between different characters are a joy to watch.

Oh...this part...I remember!



Overall Rating: 8.6 (8.5)/10

Season 2

Story (Rating: 9/10)

The plot of the story is quite repetitive in terms of the story structure, which is basically the cycle of defeating the bad guys. I will admit they are not exactly the same for each enemy. They are different challenges for each enemy and also different ways to defeat them but they are essentially practically are the same in terms of structures. Anyway, the ending is a cliffhanger. Well, it could backfire if not handled properly, which essentially means that they have to make season 3 to justify that. Not a good way to end it, in my opinion. Maybe they had a choice, maybe not. I dunno but that is the production staff's decision. Anyway, the essential elements of the story, like plot, pacing and flow are not badly affected, in my opinion. Well, as you can see that, it is pretty easy to follow the story even the anime's romance itself.

This is getting intense...what is this tornado?!

Art and Animation (Rating: 8/10)

The animation is pretty much similar to season 1, in my opinion. Well, with that said, there is nothing much that I can add on.

More fights!!!

Sound and Music (Rating: 6/10)

Similar to the last season, I only like the first OP song. The rest? Sadly, not my cup of tea. Anyway, the soundtrack and BGMs are pretty decent.

Shana and Yuji...wait, this is from the opening sequence

Characters (Rating: 10/10)

This? Well, this one is interesting. Romance enters the fray at this point in time. It's Yoshida vs Shana! Now, the character development is no longer just relational, skills and character. It's the fight for love! Triangle love! Well, the love fight is not exactly the focus of the story so there are not as intense as you would expect, to be honest. The character development is more prevalent in the side characters as compared to the first season. Well, not a bad thing.

This OP character again...

Enjoyment (Rating: 9/10)

I will say the same thing about this. I enjoyed it, just like the previous season. The story is still pretty enjoyable to watch even though the nature of the story is starting to become a little repetitive. BUT...the ending caught me a little off-guard. The cliffhanger is the reason that I was waiting and hoping for the next season.
One of the few light-hearted moments...


Overall Rating: 8.4 (8.25)/10

Season 3

Story (Rating: 10/10)

The story started off as a little stunning. Well, not that I didn't expect the disappearance of Yuuji, but Yuuji's change of sides in the everlasting fight between Flame Haze vs Bal Masqué. Anyway, I feel that the change in pace is the reason why Shana can finish its story and Majisu no Index still cannot finish its story even right now (at the point of publishing). Anyway, the story plot and flow left me a little perplexed but it is because of Yuuji's action. It was perplexing at first but I slowly understand the whole thing. Well, it took me a while but it was worth watching. The pacing of the story is decent, in my opinion.

Yuji and Shana meet again...that scene...

Art and Animation (Rating: 10/10)

The arts and animations are much better and consistent than the previous two seasons. The character looks better in this season than the previous two seasons.

This one is probably one of my favourites...

Sound and Music (Rating: 10/10)

This is the season where I do like all of the OP and ED songs. As for the soundtracks and BGMs, they are fine. Yeah...that's all. Wait, I wanna tell you that the OP and ED songs were my favourite at one point. Done! Let's move on.

This pretty much exemplifies the situation in this season...

Characters (Rating: 10/10)

Character development? The development of characters is pretty much focused on the two main characters once again but this one, it is very much on Shana. Shana's acceptance of her other identity and the rescue mission by two Flame Hazes are the turning point for Shana. From there, she took on the mantle to move the story on. The side characters do have some involvement but mainly on Yoshida and a few former classmates of Yuuji. To be honest, Shana's change is the reason why I like her so much. She is beyond just a cute face and a tsundere but a person with strong character.

Shana...in deep thought...

Enjoyment (Rating: 10/10)

This season is probably my favourite Shakugan no Shana season. The change in Shana is the one factor that I like this season very much. I really enjoyed every moment of this. Anyway, it's been a while since I gave a 10 out of 10 ratings.

Finally! TOOK THEM LONG ENOUGH FOR THIS MOMENT! Deja vu? I reposted it because it's SO GOOD!




Overall Rating: 10 (10)/10

Others (mainly Shana S)

Story (Rating: 9/10)

The different side stories in Shana S is done well. Also, the side story involving the hot springs is interesting too. Nothing much here. As for other side stories, I'm not gonna include them as most of them (or maybe all of them) are nothing related to the main story but it is just a for-laughs-show.

Is that some Tron thing?

Art and Animation (Rating: 8/10)

Shana S and the onsen chapter are decent. I feel that the animation in Shana S is better. Anyway, they are pretty consistent regardless, I mean the animations.

What is this hologram thing?

Sound and Music (Rating: 8/10)

The music from the OVA is good as for the onsen story...it is basically the same as the ones in the first season. Nothing much to say, to be honest.

Shana blushing...so cute!!!

Characters (Rating: 8/10)

Hardly any character development because they are too short for that. The characters are cute, by the way. The interaction between Shana and Yuuji are pretty much the same.

Oh...interesting position, that is.

Enjoyment (Rating: 10/10)

I enjoyed both of them. The onsen episode is for fun and laughs. As for Shana S, they are the side stories that I enjoyed and give us more understanding of the character. To be honest, I will always be more lenient towards OVAs as they are more of an add-on and can't add on too much.

Interesting alone time for two...BTW, this is from the onsen episode.



Overall Rating: 8.6 (8.25)/10

Conclusion


With that, I will end this post and also promote my idol server once again. Well, I will be working on another post this week. I hoped to finish it yesterday but I felt I don't enough screenshots that I want and out of time to do it yesterday night. So, I did it today. BTW, I will do the Shana movie separately at some point. When? Not sure. Anyway, I hope that you enjoyed reading this post. I really hope to have you here reading my blog post again. Goodbye, and God bless you!

Isn't Shana cute?



Overall Rating (whole anime): 8.9 (8.75)/10

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

Yell It OUT LOUD!!!! C-H-E-E-R!!!

I need an apartment for my figures and...maybe a Glass Doll?

Let's Aikatsu! This Time with Our Friends!

A literal dumpster fire! Ooh...brace yourselves...the snowflake storm incoming!!!!