Time to relax with Takagi's teasing of Nishikata. xD

Hi! Enjoy your the year of 2020 so far? Well, for me, so far so good. I like my Girls und Panzer moments. I like the opening song, whether it be the original or the Anko version. xD

I found this somewhere. Cute, right?

Ahem! Back to the topic, I'm doing a post on Takagi-san NOW!!! So, sit back and enjoy. This is my present to you in this new year of 2020. Enjoy!



WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.

Introduction


Anime!

The series, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (からかい上手の高木さん) starts off as a Japanese manga series by Sōichirō Yamamoto. Oh yeah, the name in English is Teasing Master Takagi-san according to Wikipedia. There are other names but I'm not gonna go through it.

The manga...

Anyway, back to the topic. The manga was adapted into two seasons of anime, done by Shin-Ei (both of them). The first one was aired from January 8 to March 26, 2018, which is followed by an OVA on July 12, 2018. As for the second season, it was aired from July 7 to September 22, 2019.

A random Takagi-san image


Plot


Nishikata...planning something

This is Takagi.

Ahem! Let's start with the plot. The story features the daily life of Takagi, who loves to tease her classmate Nishikata, and Nishikata's failed attempts to get back at her. Both of them are middle school students. So happen...that...they sit next to each other in class. Yeah...that's it. Well, the story is more like plain subtle romance...No, it's just the cycle of Nishikata creates plans to get his revenge on the embarrassing pranks and jokes made by Takagi, which ALWAYS, yes, ALWAYS fail. WHY? It is because she identifies his weaknesses and capitalizes on them. Wow...sigh...what a brat. And also those embarrassing "pranks" and "jokes"...what a brat. Why guys always have that useless ego? Well, I'm not one to say. And well, there is actually subtle romance in the story. It's just me...let's move on.

What a subtle romance scene...

Sometimes, it's so hard for me to continue watching the cycle of this brat fails and tries again...Well, although I seriously DO NOT enjoy the cycle, the subtle romance shows up from time to time gives a little motivation to continue the watch. Yeah...that's all. I can't think of much about this series. The content and...OK, I'm jumping ahead of myself. Let's move on!

Them, holding hands...

...and a random pool scene.

Anime Rating


Season 1 (including OVA)

Story (Rating: 7/10)

The story's plot is mostly quite repetitive, which is the pattern of Nishikata tries to take "revenge" on Takagi, Takagi uses his plan against him, Nishikata failed, Nishikata plans another "assault". Wow...Can we end this madness? BUT, the subtle romance and short moments of other minor characters (yes, there are. I didn't mention it just now, I admit) is the saving grace for this series. The story's pacing and flow are done well, I admit. The story is easy to understand, nothing complicated.

Takagi and Nishikata...together, alone in the classroom... smirk...

Art and Animation (Rating: 7/10)

The art and animation are pretty good, pretty decent. The characters are well-drawn although I dun think they are cute enough (in terms of looks). It's just me. So yeah...let's move on.

That scene...LOL! And also, I like that swimsuit.

Sound and Music (Rating: 8/10)

The theme songs (OP & ED) are pretty good although I like the opening theme song more. The BGM in the anime is pretty good and a good fit.

Good opening sequence...

Characters (Rating: 8/10)

Although I dun really like Nishikata, I do enjoy the development of their relationship. Nishikata x Takagi! The relationship development is subtle and slow but at the right pacing. Well, there is a lack of character change though similar to most slice-of-life anime. The relatability? Maybe for some people...I dunno. I hardly have any sort of friendship with girls. I'm not gonna comment on this.

Under the rain...That Nishikata's face though...

Enjoyment (Rating: 6/10)

As I had mentioned, I dun the cycle in this anime so yeah, I had a lack of enjoyment of this anime. I had a period of a cutoff period when it was aired. Although the subtle romance and some scene about the other characters keep me a little longer, it hardly does much.

The three friends studying...



Overall Rating: 7.2 (7.5)/10

Season 2

Story (Rating: 7/10)

Pretty the same old same. The cycle of failure and planning continues...Anyway, just like the previous season, the subtle romance and short moments of other minor characters is the saving grace for this series. The story's pacing and flow are done well. An easy to understand, nothing complicated.

Another "competition"...

Art and Animation (Rating: 8/10)

Pretty good, just like the previous season. The art and animation are pretty good. The characters are well-drawn. So yeah, no complaints except the one about the characters are not cute enough, in terms of looks. Just my opinion, OK? Let's move on.

Time for some summer festival scene!

Sound and Music (Rating: 7/10)

Good theme song and also, good BGM. Well...I think I can't say much. The theme songs are beautiful. Also, I like the special rendition of the opening theme song of season 1. Good stuff.

A part of the season 2 opening sequence...


Characters (Rating: 9/10)

Pretty much the same. I still dun like Nishikata but I do enjoy the development of their relationship. Nishikata x Takagi! The relationship development in season 1 is subtle and slow but at the right pacing. In season 2, the relationship development is more prominent and more obvious. As for the side character, there's nothing much to say. The relatability? Same old same. No comment.

Interesting 4 friends

Enjoyment (Rating: 6/10)

Just like the previous season, I dun the cycle in this anime so yeah, I had a lack of enjoyment of this anime. To be honest, it took me a while to get started on this season. I started it after the anime has finished airing. So yeah...same old same comment. Anyway, let's move on.

That face...Takagi blushes...


Overall Rating: 7.4 (7.75)/10

Screenshots


Season 1 (and OVA)

Those 3 friends are just a little "distraction" to the main story.

Takagi and Nishikata...smirk...

The three friends are going on a mini-adventure...

Art class...time to win?

Oh...Nishikata...wow...

Takagi and Mano at the pool

Season 2

Takagi and Nishikata are coming!

Nishikata and Takagi met again outside...

A date? Hmmm...

Takagi and Nishikata are alone together again...

Takagi...what happened?

The three friends again...

Nishikata and Takagi under the tree...

PV/Trailer






Conclusion


Unfortunately, I have to the end of this post at this point. I hope to write more but I dun much to write already...other than, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! It is the end of this post. I hope that you enjoy reading this post and hope to have you browsing this blog once again. Goodbye, and God bless you! And also, once again, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Once again...together.

Wow...just do it, Nishikata.

Mano is really cute when she smiles...ahem!



Overall Rating (whole anime): 7.3 (7.625)/10

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

Yell It OUT LOUD!!!! C-H-E-E-R!!!

I need an apartment for my figures and...maybe a Glass Doll?

Let's Aikatsu! This Time with Our Friends!

A literal dumpster fire! Ooh...brace yourselves...the snowflake storm incoming!!!!