Igniting the battle against the monsters...

Hello, people. How is life? I'm trying really hard to clear my draft from my Blogger closet but I dun wanna publish a blog post for the sake of publishing. With the COVID-19 still rampaging and my draft post continues to pile up, I have decided to write as much as I can and keep the quality at the same time. xD

Cute faces...

Anyway, I have made a string of blog post. I have published a lot of them, like A LOT of them. Yeah, so I was kinda lazy to write this post as I have written a lot during my time at home. Anyway, right now, I am here to talk about a...probably not so popular anime. It is the Z/X series but firstly, it's time for Z/X Ignition! Time to ignite the fight against alien invaders!!!




WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.

Introduction


The card game...

Z/X Ignition is an adaptation from the game called Z/X -Zillions of enemy X. Why that name? Well, probably it's because the word Zillion refers to huge amounts of the unknown enemy. Yep, that's why the enemies that appeared in the game are named enemy X as X is commonly used as an unknown in maths and these enemies are unknown.


The manga...

Oh, you wanna know a bit more about the series? Z/X (ゼクス, Zekusu) is actually a collectable card game produced by Nippon Ichi Software and Broccoli, which is marketed as the first "free" collectable card game. Wow...I doubt that it's actually free. Anyway, it has a PlayStation 3 game titled Z/X Zillions of Enemy X: Zekkai no Crusade back in 2013. Also, there's a manga adaptation written by Broccoli with art by Karegashi Tsuchiya back in September 2012.

The anime that I'm gonna talk about...

Anyway, the anime was first aired in Japan between January 2014 to April 2014, which what I gonna talk about. There is another anime from this series,  Z/X Code Reunion, which is aired in 2019 BUT I won't talk about it and only talk about Z/X Ignition. Anyway, the anime Z/X Code reunion, it is an adaptation of a new manga series of the same title, which is a part of the Z/X series. That manga is written by Tatsuhiko Urahata with art by Takuya Fujima and was first serialized in September 2017. As for the Code Reunion anime adaptation, it is produced by Passione and aired between October 8, 2019, and December 24, 2019. OK, that's it! Let's move on to Z/X Ignition's plot.

The anime Code Reunion. Will talk about that next time...

Plot


The story is a loose adaptation of Z/X main story and follows Asuka Tennoji as the main protagonist.

This is what its Fandom Wiki says about the plot of this anime. I don't know about whether it is a loose adaptation of the game's main story but I can know for sure that the anime follows Tennoji Asuka as the main character (or protagonist).

The appearance of the Black Point...

Alright, back to the plot. A brief description of the story setting. The story is set in a world where multiple gateways to different parallel worlds called Black Point suddenly appeared. From those points, strange creatures called "Z/X" appear from these gates and start invading humanity. Since then, Z/X and mankind began their violent struggle.

That injured angel...

Anyway, back to the MC. Asuka, as an ordinary high school student living in Kobe, Japan, he lives his life in relative peace. His life took a turn when he meets a mysterious girl with angel wings who is injured. With a girl with a certain tiger-like Z/X creature wanting to kill the angel, he decided to save her by capturing the angel using the Card Device that is given by a mysterious girl he met on the corner of the street. This starts his journey as a Z/X user and an adventure of fighting with other Z/X users. 

Fighting each other...

Throughout the story, there are skirmishes and fights between Z/X users of different worlds (and from different Black Point) and even a special Z/X appears that almost destroys Kobe (which where the MC lives and the place where the story occurs). Also, there are several background stories of certain characters being revealed to us. The ending...Well, as I have said in one of my AniList posts, the ending where the thought of the different foreign worlds coming together in unity is being revealed, which kinda paves the way for a sequel. Yeah...a sequel. This is what I have said about this:
Many sites say that Z/X Code Reunion is the sequel, which I dun think is the case. Maybe it is a sequel using the ending thoughts but it's not a direct sequel.
I have changed my mind on that because of the revelation of the Z/X world setting in Z/X Code Reunion. I believe that it is a sequel but not in a direct scene. Anyway, I will further elaborate next time on why I don't think of Code Reunion, as a sequel initially and why the change of mind. For now, NEXT!!!

Words...intriguing words spoken here...

Anime Rating


Story (Rating: 6/10)

The story is a simple one. There's really nothing much for me to talk about. There are a few background stories regarding a few characters in the anime, giving it a bit more depth than just a fight between the people with different Z/X creatures. The ending left me (and many other viewers, I believe) wanting more as it feels like a cliffhanger. The flow and pacing of the story are neither too fast nor slow. Also, the story is pretty easy to understand.

That encounter...

Art and Animation (Rating: 7/10)

The arts of the anime and characters are good and well-drawn. The general and fighting animations are also well-coordinated, well-made, and consistent. There is not much I could say about it.

Battle against Odim...

Sound and Music (Rating: 7/10)

The background music and opening theme and ending theme songs are suited for the much darker theme anime series of the Z/X series. The songs are pretty decent themselves, in my opinion.

Looks cool...

Characters (Rating: 8/10)

Characters...There is not much description of the main character in terms of background but this is also the same case for the side characters. Most of the characters that the anime touches in the story have a sad and sometimes, cruel past. Development? Practically none other than Ayase, Sieger, Rigel and Azumi warming up to Asuka and the angel, Fierte. There are a few friendship scenes but it mostly surrounds the MC, Asuka. Likeability of the characters? For me, there is not really one character that I like. The relatability of the characters to the audience? Well, probably the background of the character could relate to the audience.

The characters with Z/X creatures partners...

Enjoyment (Rating: 6/10)

I dun really like it nor do I really hate it. It is a decent watch. It was me trying to watch it to understand the anime Z/X Code Reunion. Well...it wasn't really needed but at least it gave more enjoyment to Code Reunion as I do see some characters from Z/X Ignition, which gives me a way to sink into the story of Code Reunion. Anyway, for Ignition, it was a decent watch with a decent fight animation. Also, one thing, I feel that the naming for each episode lacks creativity as the naming goes Phase 1, Phase 2 and so on. It's pretty minor though but the ending of the anime leaves me wanting a better ending.

Decent ending but left us wanting more...



Overall Rating: 6.8 (7)/10

Screenshots



Ayase and Seiger...

Azumi and Rigel

Fellow Z/X users...

A special secret meeting between Azumi and Blue World's superior...

Baking time!!!

Odim appears... O.O

A special meeting...Chitose and Mikado

PV/Trailer


There is no PV that I can find so...I give you this!


Conclusion


Oh yeah, you are here? OK, a little small update. The conditional MCO ended in early June and the recovery MCO started right after that. So, basically, I'm relatively free to move in the country but not allowed to go out of the country, which means I have an easier time working and means that I'm gonna be busy for a while. Hopefully, I can publish more...Well, that's the end. Nothing more I could say. I hope that you enjoy reading and browsing this blog. Goodbye, and God bless you!

A cute girl for you! She is Aina.

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

Yell It OUT LOUD!!!! C-H-E-E-R!!!

I need an apartment for my figures and...maybe a Glass Doll?

Let's Aikatsu! This Time with Our Friends!

A literal dumpster fire! Ooh...brace yourselves...the snowflake storm incoming!!!!