The hilarious story of Being Alone...I mean Hitori Bocchi. xD

Hi, people. Man, Contingency Contract was fun...Oh, sorry, I'm talking about Arknights. sigh...Azur Lane got an event, Arknights got an event, my working life continues, my life still has to go on...AHH!!!!!! Help! I need the Ganbaru beam!!!!

Ganbaru beam!!!

Anyway, it still very hard to cope with so many things. Despite that, I'm able to write this post about a certain isekai anime. So, I'm gonna write this post for a simple, light-hearted and funny anime, Hitori Bocchi!!! Let's go!!!!!!!!



WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.

Introduction


The anime...

The series, Hitori Bocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu (translated as "Bocchi Hitori's ____ Life" or "The ____ Life of Being Alone") started as a Japanese four-panel manga series written and illustrated by Katsuwo. As for the anime TV series adaptation, it is animated by C2C and aired in Japan from April to June 2019. OK...There's not much I could say for this series so let's move on.

The manga...

Plot


Bocchi's new life...

That moment that forced Bocchi to make friends on herself...

The show focuses on Hotori Bocchi's adventure to making friends with her classmates. OK. That's it. Let's go...I'm joking. It's not that journey is not that simple as suffers from social anxiety, which makes it hard for her to talk to others. What's more this "mission" is given by her "former" middle school friend. How she did it? She decides to go to a different middle school as Bocchi and breaks off their friendship until she can make friends with her entire class, forcing her to make new friends in her new school. Wow.

Bocchi broke...

Well, the hilarious and weird journey of Bocchi making friends starts! The plot centres around Bocchi's lack of common sense, weird antics and her social anxiety. Also, all of the characters' name is somehow related to a certain Japanese phrase, which fits the narrative of the character and is part of the gag of the show. LMAO! You want examples? One of the girls, Honshou Aru. Her name comes from the phrase,  本性ある, which means having a true nature. Well, there's nothing more I can say so let's go!!!

A girl on a...pole? A post? 

Anime Rating


Story (Rating: 8/10)

Interesting story setup...that's all I would say. The story where Bocchi pushes toward the goal of making friends from her class is really interesting as the interaction between the different characters is hilarious and funny. The flow and pacing are right on point. You won't feel that the story takes too much or too little time to progress. Also, the story is really easy to understand: One aim, one goal, lots of hilarious and light-hearted moments.

Aru...Aww...

Art and Animation (Rating: 8/10)

The art and animation are pretty decent and pretty consistent. The exaggerated expressions of different characters in the series are well-drawn and express their feeling very well. The characters are well-drawn too and also consistent. Overall, the animation and arts are pretty good and consistent.

That scene...LOL!

Sound and Music (Rating: 5/10)

The opening song is befitting the general theme of the anime but I never really like the song. As for ending song...well, it is the same case as the opening song. Well, the sound effects and background music are decent

The opening sequence...

Characters (Rating: 10/10)

The characters are pretty unique. It's hard to see the main character so hilariously failed at trying to make friends. Most of them kinda just become friends with her because of her persistence and her sincerity. Also, the characters' names are hilarious and fit the setting of each character. The interactions between the characters are great and hilarious. I like it. The improvement of Bocchi to overcome her anxiousness around people and make new friends is a hilarious journey, a light-hearted journey and a heart-warming journey. The characters...for me, I dun really like them and neither do I dislike them. The relatability of the characters? I think...it's probably the lack of knowledge of actual Japanese culture by a certain character in the story. If you watched this anime, you probably would know which character I'm talking about. xD

That moment...LOL. Aru...oh, Aru...

Enjoyment (Rating: 9/10)

Any show that gave me a good laugh usually is something that I enjoy. Like so many cute girls doing cute things comedy anime, the laughter that it gave me is worth my watch. I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the hilarious lack of confidence and lack of common sense of Bocchi (and sometimes, other characters). xD

LMAO!



Overall Rating: 8 (7.75)/10

Screenshots


Bocchi's engagement with Nako

Next is Aru!!!

Aru, Bocchi and Nako...

LMAO! That scene!

Next is a blonde hair girl, Sotoka. xD

Swimsuit Aru...xD

Karaoke time!!!

Kai, oh, Kai. Please dun cry...

Kako and Bocchi

Aru and the ojousama, Mayo. xD

PV/Trailer




Conclusion


Oh...you are here! Anyway, my blog progress has been VERY slow in recent weeks because I have too many game events and job to juggle with. I wanted to talk about the Idolm@ster series but because of time, I decided to write about this anime as this is pretty short and pretty to talk about. I'll try to finish it up but there's no guarantee as to when I would publish it. Well, that's the end of this post. I hope that you enjoy reading and browsing this blog. Goodbye, and God bless you! 

Tsundere...?

I like Aru in her primary school uniform...wait, dun call the police!

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

You said NO Fighting High School Girls?! Why not?

Let's talk about another Trinity Seven movie again!

SukaSuka Anime Review: A SERIOUS Contender for Having the Longest Title for An Anime EVER!!!

Time for a fanfare!!!! Fanfare of Aikatsu!!!!! Aikatsu on steroids!!!!!!