Connecting our cute princesses together to fight EVIL!

Hello. How are you? I've been trying hard to balance my time for Azur Lane, Arknights, anime and blog. AH!!!! Help! It's really hard to do so, you know? It was hard...no, it is hard but at least, things have calmed down a bit, which allows me to post a little more posts although the speed of publishing of new posts is still quite sluggish.

The heroes are back!

Anyway, after I discussed Vividred Operation and its opening theme song on this blog, it's time for me to talk about the anime that I've watched about a season ago, Princess Connect. There are a lot of cute girls and funny scene for you to enjoy. So, without further ado, now...it's time for it. Let's go!!!!!!




WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.

Introduction



Anime...

This series, Princess Connect (Japanese: プリンセスコネクト!), started as a game of the same name on February 18, 2015, and ended service in June 2016. With that ended, a new game, Princess Connect! Re:Dive (Japanese: プリンセスコネクト!Re:Dive) become a sequel of Princess Connect and was released in Japan on February 15, 2018, for Android and iOS devices. Those games are a Japanese role-playing video game developed by Cygames...Cygame 爸爸!!!

Nice graphics for a game...xD

As for the anime television series adaptation, it is done by CygamesPictures. Wait...Cygames?! You are making the animation for the TV anime adaptation of your own game?! Wow...just...wow. You are so powerful. Anyway, it was aired from April 6 to June 29, 2020. The series was directed by Takaomi Kanasaki with assistant directing by Kana Harufuji. Satomi Kurita, Lie Jun Yang and Yasuyuki Noda provided character designs. On August 13, 2020, Princess Connect season 2 was announced, with CygamesPictures as the animation production team.

New anime season incoming!!!

Plot


That moment...I seriously could've quit this anime...

Dang...this MC...sigh...

The anime starts with the MC named Yuuki, wakes up with no memories (only knowing his own name) in an unfamiliar location. He was picked up a cute elf girl named Kokkoro who is his companion-servant. The MC is unbelievably and hilariously weak. OMG! I could've dropped this anime altogether because of this, you know? sigh...

Pecorine!

This funny duo met the always-hungry-for-food girl Pecorine and a certain mysterious beast girl Kyaru who has a secret mission. Weirdly, Pecorine getting her sword stolen by two men who tricked her. LMAO! WHAT?! Also, this girl, Kyaru, for some reason, is stalking Pecorine. Wow...weird people with weird circumstances...

The dragon and the thieves...

After going through a lot of weird circumstances of getting into weird troubles and saving the two men who stole Pecorine's sword from a dragon that collect shiny things at its lair, they form the guild Gourmet Edifice, sets on a journey. To fight evil? NO! To search for good food! ...wow, you kidding with me, right? Nope. It's not a joke. The guild is named "Bishoku-den" ("Epicurean Hall"), which is related to enjoying life with food. xD

美食殿。。。始まります!!!

Anyway, the story is filled with mystery, especially the main character's team's background. They are hardly mentioned and so far, only Pecorine's identity and background are being revealed. By the way, the place that they are in is called Landsol (or Randoseru). Throughout the story, there are all sort of dark (literally) and evil forces coming the MC's way, together with cute and hilarious moments. xD

Randosoru...

Anime Rating


Story (Rating: 9/10)

The story is filled with mysteries for us to discover...intriguing...Anyway, the story plot is well-made although this series has A LOT of characters. It didn't too many characters in one go. I think that the production team have done well to make the anime story slightly different as the one in the game. The flow and pacing are well-caught by the animator, no any sort of rushing through the story part. The story is pretty easy to understand although there's still A LOT of mystery to unfold (for the next season). Well done!

Kokkoro...on a journey...

Sweet times...

Art and Animation (Rating: 9/10)

I rate Cygames anime production team for this work as they did well in animating and drawing of different characters, background and fighting animation. I like the colour scheme. I think that they chose it wisely. It's nice and bright but not too much of them for the most part (light-hearted part) but dark and spooky for the darker side of things. I admit the characters are also cute! xD

What an animation...

Sound and Music (Rating: 7/10)

The background music? Good job, CyGames. As for theme songs, I hardly pay much attention to both of them as they are not my cup of tea BUT...the ending theme song is quite good and yes, I dun really like the opening theme song. That's all I could say.

MC in the opening theme song sequence...

Characters (Rating: 9/10)

Characters? I really the different cute girls that appeared in the anime. They are all cute!!!! The MC? To be honest, the idiot and amnestic main character, Yuuki almost spoil and ruin the whole show for me. I could have quit this anime from the beginning. I got myself to get through the main character's growth and also his team's growth. The characters are interesting and cute at times. xD

From really cute characters...

... to really weird characters...

...to really funny characters!

Enjoyment (Rating: 8/10)

I enjoy the funny and light-hearted scenes. The fighting scenes are pretty decent. The MC's idiocy is literally the running gag of the show. At first, I was so repulsive of it until I almost quit this show BUT I did accept that the MC's actions are basically running gag and laughing point for the show at times. I will leave it at that. The mystery around the MC and the world is giving me a hack of lots of "looking forward to the next season" vibes. Well played there, CyGames.

LMAO! That classic expression! This will be on the internet forever...xD

Oh, boy...

She almost gonna cry...awww...



Overall Rating: 8.4 (8.5)/10

Screenshots


Someone using magic behind the scene...

A decent and light-hearted moment...

What...?

The Twilight Caravan...

That part...LOL!

LOL! That headbutt...xD

WTF is that?!

PV








Conclusion


Well, that's the end. To be honest, I'm having a hard time to make new blog posts this anime season as it is VERY packed. Sorry. Oh, God...I have a lot of anime to write about after the season ends and dang, I haven't even started writing about the anime that I've watched last season...sigh...I hope that I will make it...eventually. Anyway, I hope that you people have enjoyed the reading and the browsing of this blog. Goodbye, and God bless you!

That classic Kokkoro face...xD

Nice smile from Kyaru...

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

You said NO Fighting High School Girls?! Why not?

Let's talk about another Trinity Seven movie again!

SukaSuka Anime Review: A SERIOUS Contender for Having the Longest Title for An Anime EVER!!!

Time for a fanfare!!!! Fanfare of Aikatsu!!!!! Aikatsu on steroids!!!!!!