Time for another round of mountain climbing with cute girls!

Hi, people. So far...it has been a good year. This month is not so busy because it is the month of the Lunar New Year (or the Chinese New Year). I got more time on my hands to write my blog post. Well, you could say that it is to make up for the lack of publishing for a few months. Sorry about that.

Remember them? CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, with the publishing streak continuing and with my previous post about Slow Loop up, it's time for another round of Yama no Susume!!!!! Yes, another round. This time, it is the FOURTH season of this anime series! Hope you enjoy it as you read on. Let's go!!!!!!!!!




WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT! This post is very likely to contain spoilers for this anime. So...if you are planning to watch the anime without any spoilers, you can either continue to read this post or move on and watch the anime.



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.


Introduction


The anime...ah, nostalgic.

This series, Yama no Susume...I dun think that it needs a lot of introduction because I had done it back in 2018. The anime's new season, season 4 a.k.a. Encouragement of Climb: Next Summit gets released last year. OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was really hyped until I saw the first few episodes...I will talk about it in the next segment. Anyway, this season's Yama no Susume was aired from October 2022 to December 2022.

Season 4!

Plot


Flashbacks...

Regarding the story plot, the first few episodes that got my spirits down a bit and almost made me quit this season are the flashbacks for the plot from the first three seasons. I wanted to see Aoi's journey to finally conquer Mount Fuji but I got flashbacks instead. Well, of course, it didn't disappoint me in the end. That part actually becomes revisiting the journey on how Aoi's mountain climbing journey came about. I enjoyed it indeed. My anger is not exactly justified in the end.

Koharu and Aoi

Aoi rejected Koharu's invitation

Anyway, back to the story. We will start the story with the scenes after the flashback episodes. A girl named Seijuin Koharu, the president of the Mountaineering Club invites her to the club. After a trial run with the club, because of the hardcore nature of the club, she decided to not join the club. This girl, Koharu is still very helpful to Aoi in terms of getting her to her aim of reaching the top of Mount Fuji. She is the one who suggested to Aoi and Hinata to climb Mt. Buko to improve Aoi's stamina issue.

Aoi and Hinata with Aoi's mum...picnic time!!!

After a series of mountain climbing and chill time with the cute girls, Aoi and her friends are finally going to scale Mt. Fuji again. Aoi once again was down with altitude sickness but lighter compared to her first attempt. She then rested with Hinata at one of the rest stops. They had dinner and had a light chat before going to sleep. Yes, it's to get up and then hopefully scale Mount Fuji.

Oh no, not this again...

Well, thankfully, Aoi manages to mostly recover overnight, with a bit of altitude sickness still there, forcing her to slow down and stop from time to time to take a break. And yes, Aoi is at the summit of Mount Fuji!!!!!! Aoi and her friends (and the rest of the climbers) waited and watch the sunrise from the summit. Afterwards, the girls head up to the true summit, Kengamine, where Aoi decides to write a postcard to her future self. An interesting and satisfying end to the anime. Will there be another season? I don't know but I would welcome it. OK, next section!

The girls watching the sunrise on Mt Fuji's summit!!!

Anime Rating


Story (Rating: 9/10)

The story starts off with a series of flashbacks and not the continuation of the previous season, which at first irritated me but later on, I started to appreciate them. Anyway, the story after that is interesting, cute and well-paced. Nothing much I would complain about.

Cute girls!!!

Art and Animation (Rating: 7/10)

The arts and looks of the characters are still as cute as ever but...in episode 6, I start to see signs of human expression and human movement breaking down. I don't know why, but it's not a great sign as it affects the anime's quality overall.

Broken animation in episode 6...


Sound and Music (Rating: 8/10)

This...I did mention the opening theme song in another blog post. It's pretty good. The ending theme song and its sequence is pretty good. The background music is pretty good. Yeah, that's all I can say.

Pretty good OP sequence


Characters (Rating: 10/10)

Cute girls!!!!!!!! And also, finally, Aoi finally CONQUERED MOUNT FUJI!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH YEAH!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, there are more characters and more cute and funny (and not cunny) moments to behold. More growth and development for Aoi's mountain climbing journey. Nice. It's great to see it.

Christmas party!!!


Enjoyment (Rating: 9/10)

I enjoyed this anime although I did have some complaints regarding the few episodes being flashback episodes. It did affect my enjoyment of the anime but I feel better about it after I readjust my expectation. Good stuff. Will watch it again when I have the time.

Cute girls together!!!!




Overall Rating: 8.6 (8.5)/10

Screenshots



Aoi and Hikari hanging out

Aoi and Hikari on the boat

Aoi and Hikari...

Aoi is back...

Koharu grabs Koharu in "drunkenness"

Aoi, Hinata and Kokona sleeping together

Happy New Year!!!

Chill mountain climbing trip...

A cute moment on the beach

PV/Trailer







Conclusion


Well, that's the end. I would like to continue this streak and make sure I clear the majority of my draft by writing them up and publishing them. Well, it won't be easy but I will try my best. Anyway, I hope that you enjoy reading and browsing this blog. Goodbye, and God bless you! Also...Happy Lunar New Year! See ya!!!!!

Santa Kokona!!!

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

The hilarious story of Being Alone...I mean Hitori Bocchi. xD

Lolis and Shogi? What Better Job Could You Ask For, Yaichi?!

Yell It OUT LOUD!!!! C-H-E-E-R!!!

Time for a bit of bitter sweet high school romance comedy.