I just want you with me...AHEM! Back to topic, shall we?

Only you...AHEM! Anyway, hi! How are you? I'm so far so good. Not everything went my way but it's never stopped me from doing what I love to do, what I want to do and what I need to do. Oh, you read the post about Tabibito no Uta, the first opening song for Mushoku Tensei? If you did, good. If not, go and read if you so wish. I'm really glad the Mushoku Tensei post is really good.

Remember this? This is so sweet...

Back to the topic. As I promised in the previous post (which was about Mushoku Tensei's 1st OP song), I will talk about the first ending song for Mushoku Tensei, Only. The song is SO good. So, let's not waste any more time and start this blog post. LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


WARNING:-

Although this post is just me talking about a certain anime song, there might be SPOILERS from the anime. If you are planning to watch the anime without any spoilers, you can either continue to read or move on.



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it, you HAVE been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you insist on continuing to read this post.


Introduction


I only can pick this one...again

The song, Only (in Japanese, オンリー) is the first ending theme song of the Mushoku Tensei anime adaptation performed by Yuiko Oohara. It was released as a digital single on the second episode's broadcast day on January 17, 2021. In the anime? Well, it is only out as the ending theme song starting from episode 2 until the end of part 1, which is episode 11 for the whole season. The singer who sang this song actually sings all the theme songs in the anime if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, nothing much to add here so let's go!


Lyrics


Original

愛のイロハを学んでも
手に入れいれられないのなんの
戦い疲れ果てたコロニー 貴方が欲しい

(If you do)なんだって怖くないから
(If you will)背中を任せて

壊したい 壊してしまいたい 貴方のためなら
不純も矛盾も見境なんてない
守りたい 守りたいのは全てを
教えてくれた 貴方だけ

目には目を歯を 尖っても
伝えられないの でも
悲しむ顔は負けなセオリー 素直でイタイ

(If you do)失っていいような未来
(If you will)端から見えていない

壊したい 壊してしまいたい 貴方のためなら
不順も矛盾も見境なんてない
隠したい 隠したいのは全てを
背負うと決めた 涙だけ

背伸びして見える世界
貴方のため? 自分のため
まだわからない 感情の裏側

壊したい 壊してしまいたい
戻れないのなら
尚更強く抱きしめていたい
離れない優しさを消し去っても
悲しいくらい 溢れ出る思い

逃げない 逃げたくないこのジレンマから
不順も矛盾も見境なんてない
守りたい守りたいのは全てを教えてくれた
貴方だけ

Rudy looking outside...




Romaji

Ai no iroha wo manande mo
Te ni ire irerarenai no nan no
Tatakai tsukarehateta koronii anata ga hoshii

(If you do) nan da tte kowakunai kara
(If you will) senaka wo makasete

Kowashitai kowashite shimaitai anata no tame nara
Fujun mo mujun mo misakai nante nai
Mamoritai mamoritai no wa subete wo
Oshiete kureta anata dake

Me ni wa me wo wa wo togattemo
Tsutaerarenai no demo
Kanashimu kao wa make na seorii sunao de itai

(If you do) ushinatte ii you na mirai
(If you will) hana kara miete inai

Kowashitai kowashite shimaitai anata no tame nara
Fujun mo mujun mo misakai nante nai
Kakushitai kakushitai no wa subete wo
Seou to kimeta namida dake

Senobi shite mieru sekai
Anata no tame? jibun no tame
Mada wakaranai kanjou no uragawa

Kowashitai kowashite shimaitai
Modorenai no nara
Naosara tsuyoku dakishimete itai
Hanarenai yasashisa wo keshisattemo
Kanashii kurai afurederu omoi

Nigenai nigetakunai kono jirenma kara
Fujun mo mujun mo misakai nante nai
Mamoritai mamoritai no wa subete wo oshiete kureta
Anata dake

Rudy in the snow...




English Translation

Even if I learn the ABCs of love, I can't obtain it.
When I'm exhausted from battle, I want you by my side.

(If you do,) I am not afraid of anything
(If you will,) leave it up to me

I want to destroy, I want to destroy it all if it's for you.
Whether it be impure or paradox, I don't care at all.
I want to protect it,
The only thing I want to protect is you who taught me everything.

Even if I avenge you,
I couldn't express my feelings to you.
I dun wanna hide my feelings anymore,
I wanna be honest with you.

(If you do,) the future that you don't mind
(If you will,) it will 

I want to destroy, I want to destroy if it's for you
Out of order or a paradox, I don't care at all
I want to hide, the only thing I want to hide...
...are the tears I shed when I decided to bear it all alone.

The world that we see by stretching ourselves
Is it for you? Is it for me?
I still don't know what's behind this feeling

I want to destroy, I want to destroy it all, 
If I can't go back,
I want to keep holding you tighter even more.
Even if I get rid of the kindness I can't forget,
The feeling is overflowing, and it's making me sad

I won't run away, I won't run away from this dilemma
Out of order or paradox, I don't care at all
I want to protect it,
The only thing I want to protect is you who taught me everything

Rudy reading a book...



Note: This translation is from the Mushoku Tensei wiki and has edited certain translations that are odd and/or not fitting to my understanding of the lyrics.

Chinese Translation

即使是学到爱情的基础,我还无法得到它。
战斗后,疲惫不堪的我只想见到你。

(如果你这样做,)我什么都不怕。
(如果你愿意,)就交给我吧。

想要破坏,想要破坏这一切,只要是为了你。
就算是不纯或矛盾,这一切都无所谓。
想要守护,我想要守护的只有
教给我这一切的你而已。

以牙还牙,以眼还眼,
也无法将我的心意传达给你。
我不想在隐藏自己的内心了,我要变得坦率。

(如果你这样做,)即使是失去那无所谓的未来;
(如果你愿意,)它会消失得无影无踪。

想要破坏,想要破坏这一切,只要是为了你。
就算是不顺或矛盾,这一切都无所谓。
想要隐藏,我想要隐藏只是
我背负这一切的决心而已。

逞强看到的这个世界
是为了你,还是为了我?
我仍不知道这份感情的背后。

想要破坏,想要破坏这一切,假如无法回到过去的话,
我就要更加紧紧地抱住你。
即使是抹去这分难以分离的温柔,
我的回忆也涌现,让我感到悲伤。

不逃避,我不想逃离这个困境。
就算是不顺或矛盾,这一切都无所谓。
想要守护,我想要守护的只有
教给我这一切的你而已。

Rudy...oh, that scene...



Note: This is done by me with the help of this special fanmade MV (full song) and this Bilibili video with translation.

Commentary


Eris and Rudy in the ending song sequence...

Speaking of this song, I really love it very much. The song is just perfect for this show, given the main character, Rudy's life is pretty reflective of it. The part where it says, "I wanna protect"...man, isn't it so true of what he was tryna do when he decided to protect and bring Aris back home after that magical incident that teleported them to another continent. Interestingly, this is the same thought that Eris had when she decided to leave Rudy to strengthen her fighting skills so that she could protect him. Wow, I wish to sing this song for...never mind. Don't mind me. Anyway, this song is a song to be sung for one's beloved and loved ones. That's all I could describe it. So, yeah, let's move on, shall we?

Sadly, it has to end this way...


Conclusion


Oh, you reached here? Nice! Thank you! I'm really glad that the Mushoku Tensei post and the opening song post got a good amount of views. I didn't expect the commentary to be so short but after deep thought and study of the song, I decided that this is good enough. Well, there were parts of the song lyrics that were way too vague, making translation tough. Overall, it is generally simple to translate. Also, I updated the previous post about the OP song with the video embedded. Enjoy! Well, that's the end. I could say no more. I hope that you enjoy reading and browsing this blog. Goodbye, and God bless you!

Here is the scene that made me cry...

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

You said NO Fighting High School Girls?! Why not?

SukaSuka Anime Review: A SERIOUS Contender for Having the Longest Title for An Anime EVER!!!

A Tribute to KyoAni: An Afternoon Tea Time with the Girls from K-On

Let's talk about another Trinity Seven movie again!