Finding the Next Generation of Aikatsu Stars!

Hi, people! It's time to find the next brightest STAR...from anime. Anyway, it's been a while since I have talked about the Aikatsu series. I was really busy to get myself out of my study life, which I've stuck for a little longer (or maybe too long) than what I wanted. So, I need my focus less on my blog and the thing I like to do for quite a while. SORRY!

Is that the same reason again?! Anyway, a cute expression from Ako.

Anyway, without further ado, it's time to talk about the new promising STARS!!!! I mean the new Aikatsu stars, literally. I think I had given away the topic for this post. Well...まー、いいか~!



WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.

Introduction


Showing you people the original Aikatsu cards once again...

Oh yeah, do you remember that I have talked about the Aikatsu being an arcade game card?  The same can be applied to Aikatsu Stars since it is the successor of the original Aikatsu series. It is another arcade collectable card game in Bandai's Data Carddass line of machines. This new series was launched in May 2016...after Aikatsu anime ended. I think I had said this before... OK, never mind. Let's continue.

Aikatsu Stars cards! I found this pic on e-bay.

This game, like its predecessor, it revolves around using collectable cards featuring various clothes to help aspiring idols pass auditions. Oh yeah, the anime! This anime is Bandai Namco's tactic to earn more money! Well, TBH, which anime studio makes anime just for fun? Of course, they make money from it, isn't it? Anyway, the anime is made by Bandai Namco Pictures, which began airing on TV Tokyo from April 7, 2016, to March 29, 2018. BTW, I had mentioned this previously. This franchise is then subsequently succeeded by Aikatsu Friends! on April 5, 2018. Quick to find improvise to get more money...Hehe. BTW, I will talk about Aikatsu Friends when the anime finishes (in around 2 years time?). Anyways, let's move on!

once again...the Aikatsu Stars poster...

Plot


Once again...I'm showing u the FOUR classes in Yotsuboshi School..once again

The series features a new protagonist named Yume Nijino. She aims to...wait...I did tell you guys a little bit of the story, isn't it?! Anyway, let me tell you one thing (and probably a few other things): The school has 4 different classes, which are Flower Song Class, Wind Dance Class, Bird Theatre Class, and Moon Beauty Class. Well, Yume's gang is pretty much shown in the pic above. So, let's run through the character names. They are, starting from the left: Nanakura Koharu, Kasumi Mahiru, Nijino Yume,  Sakuraba Rola, Saotome Ako and Shirogane Lily.

Remember the mystery that I have talked about?

Do you remember that I said that there is an ongoing mystery ongoing for the headmaster and Yume's supposedly special power? It kinda reminds me of Ichigo (regarding Yume's special power, not the headmaster antagonism). Ichigo has a special talent to become an idol, like...Kanzaki Mizuki! Anyway, back to the Aikatsu Stars, the mystery is being revealed and of course, it's not the end. Yume becomes a better idol and has improved even more since the whole fiasco.

Finished her 'test'...

The fight for the S4 place was amazing. Only one member of Yume's gang actually gets the place by winning since the rest take over the place even though they lost to their senior S4 members who are graduating from the school's junior high division. As for Koharu...she left the school before the battle for the placing in S4...you'll know why if you watch it.

A touching scene between the Kasumi sisters...

As Yume and her gang (excluding Koharu...well, don't worry, you'll see her later on in the anime) became a part of the S4. In the second season, or more accurately the second year, Venus Ark, a new rival school to the Four Star Academy appears. This time...they are shown the  Star Premium Rare Coord by the school's top idol and owner, Elza Forte (who is also known as the PERFECT IDOL...really? LOL...). The outfit has wings that represent the planets and only appears to idols who have proven to be worthy of it...which brings to why the second season (or second year) of Aikatsu Star name changed to Aikatsu Stars: Hoshi no Tsubasa (which means Star Wings). The rival school is weirdly nicknamed as 'The Idol Pirate' since the school uses a ship to house the school and only allows idol who are specifically recruited by Elza herself.

A challenger incoming!

Elza Forte!

At one point in time, I hated Elza...Well, it's more like I hate her ego. BUT...behind her ego, she is fragile...she just wants attention from her mother. Sad girl...to be honest, knowing that, I am sure that she would not just get her mother's attention just because she reached the top. In the end, it was all nice and good for Elza and of course, for everyone. Well, in the past, I used two blog post to complete my anime review of Aikatsu but this time...rather than two separate posts, my rating and my usual anime talks will be in the same post, which is in this post. Anyway, without further ado, let's start rating!

Good for you...Elza.

Anime Rating


Story (Rating: 9/10)

The usual Aikatsu story...good. The protagonist...not as likeable as the previous ones but the side characters are really good and are quite likeable. The story of their growth is nice to see, similar to the previous Aikatsu. Oh, now you realized. I'm merging season 1 and 2 since it is easier and both seasons are without any substantial breaks in between like most anime. I think I should have merged the rating together, rather than separating the different years. Never mind, let's move on!

The Kasumi sisters...

Yume and Elza...

Art and Animation (Rating: 6/10)

The animation has some improvement as compared to the previous Aikatsu. But, for me, I don't really like the animation but this doesn't stop me watching the anime. There is quite a number of characters that I like. You ask me which characters? I will tell you in the next part. Don't worry. Anyway, the animation is actually quite decent. Oh yeah, the transformation sequence is different to the original Aikatsu. The transformation sequence and stage animation took me some time to get used to but it actually quite decent.

Transformation sequence...

Transformation sequence...well, it's part 2 of it.

Sound and Music (Rating: 7/10)

The BGM is fine but the songs are not as good as compared to original Aikatsu. The songs are decent and even got some new songs that I like quite a lot! There are multiple opening and closing theme songs, and of course, even more, the insert songs. If you like music, you'll a lot of anime songs to choose from this anime.

The ED part...

Aikatsu Stars' best trio: Yuzukosho! Well, it also reminds me of Yume's situation...and the song, One Step.

Characters (Rating: 9/10)

The characters of Aikatsu Stars!!! Oh yeah, I promised to tell you which characters I like. OK...let's do this. Nikaido Yuzu, Saotome Ako and Kasumi Mahiru! As for Nijino Yume, I didn't really warm up too much to like her a lot. There are more likeable characters in the original Aikatsu for me to be honest. BUT, the character development didn't disappoint me! The characters improving in an episode by episode basis. The fruit of their effort and hard work are presented to us in the final episode. AMAZING!

Yume...your hard work pays off...

Laura vs Yume...again.

Enjoyment (Rating: 10/10)

I enjoyed it quite a lot. The tension that arises from Yume's special circumstances and the tensions after Elza's arrival is amazing! Of course, the story is quite good although I never really warmed up to Yume (yes, I've said it again). Anyway, I still enjoy it despite its weakness. Although my favourite is Yuzu, Ako is pretty cute too. Ako has a lot of things that she did was funny and also cute...really cute!

LOL...that expression

Ako...oh, Ako...



Overall Rating: 8.2 (7.75)/10

Screenshots


Yuzu pouting...

Yuzu...my favourite Aikatsu Stars character!

Ako's neko form...or should I say cat form?

Ako...my second favourite. xD

The new S4!

Ako is seriously angry...

Ako with her hair down is quite cute...

Oh, look! Yuzu's pouting is cute too!

Wait...they are now primary school students?!

LOL...what?!

Their expression...classic

LOL...I remember Koharu learn this skill from someone or somewhere...hmm...

Ako's 2nd time (in this blog) neko form!

As always... the Kasumi sisters are cute!

Yume and her friends...sweet moments...

PV/Trailer












Conclusion


Well done, you have reached the end of the post! Enjoyed it? If yes, good. If no, there is honestly nothing much to say. Anyway, it's time to plan for another anime review post again. I would need to check on whether I'm on track with my plans. Thanks for reading it and hope to see you here. Bye! God bless you!

Aikatsu!!! The 5 of them are together again!

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

You said NO Fighting High School Girls?! Why not?

Let's talk about another Trinity Seven movie again!

SukaSuka Anime Review: A SERIOUS Contender for Having the Longest Title for An Anime EVER!!!

Time for a fanfare!!!! Fanfare of Aikatsu!!!!! Aikatsu on steroids!!!!!!