Time for mermaids and ridiculous shit...xD

Hi! It has been a while that my life has returned to a certain amount of normalcy. It so normal to the point where I feel that it is the daily normal life that I'm used to. sigh...yes, I know it's not. I hope the global economy is better as we continue to fight Covid-19. Also, I watched a few new anime. One of them was like wow...it blew my mind.

These two...reminds of those days...

Anyway, I have written about Mitsuboshi Color and I've decided to talk about the first anime that my former classmate during my Secondary School introduced to me: Seto no Hanayome (or in English, My Bride is a Mermaid)!!! Let's say no more and move to the next segment!!!



WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.

Introduction


The anime...

The anime, Seto no Hanayome, adapted from a four-panel manga of the same name and is animated by Gonzo. Hmm....I've not heard of it. Ah!!! Whatever! Oh, this time I wanna make my introduction a little bit different from usual.

Here is the manga...

Ahem! Anyway, the source material, the four-panel manga of the same name is written and drawn by Tahiko Kimura and was serialized between the September 2002 and May 2009. In 2004, a drama CD based on the series was released by Frontier Works. Oh..wait, why have I not heard of it?! Ahem, back to the topic.

Nice one. It's for the OVA.

As for the anime adaption that I'm gonna talk about is a 26-episode anime TV series. The anime is aired in Japan on TV Tokyo between April and September 2007. There is also two original video animation (OVA) episodes were released in November 2008 and January 2009. There are few other anime releases other than in Japanese TV but I'm not gonna talk about it here. NEXT!

A special title screen for you...xD

Plot


Help him, someone!!!

Oh...mermaid saved him

It's been a while since I've watched it. Plus, this is another four-panel manga anime adaptation again. I'll keep it nice and sweet, OK? Anyway, the story starts with a young teenage boy named Michishio Nagasumi. One day during his summer vacation at the Seto Inland Sea, Nagasumi is saved from drowning by a mermaid named Seto San. From then on, he got married to San and live his life as a married lad. The end. Let move...OK, OK, OK, I'm joking! I'm not gonna leave this so short.

Yakuza...O.O

Why that rescue made him got married to San, the mermaid? Ah...you see....the thing is that San and Nagatsumi will die according to mermaid law. Is there even a law for mermaid? Ignore that, it's just the story setting. Bare with me. Anyway, so...the only way out for them is to either die or just married. So, yeah, both of them don't wanna die so they chose to marry each other. Wow...Anyway, San's father hated this marriage but he's left with no choice but let them marry. Since San's father, Gouzaburou is the head of a mermaid Yakuza group, so he made his life very difficult. This is where his new life as a married lad comes to a start.

His sad and hilarious life starts...

Well, his new life is not only constantly in danger of Gōzaburō's constant attempts to murder him, but his life is also threatened and disrupted by the madcap antics of a slew of antagonists and even had another girl with a Yazuka father chasing after him. It's pretty hilarious but at the same time, it's kinda tragic for him. With that, he has to bear with all of the madness that comes his way in his daily life. Anyway, I will do this together with the OVA episodes. Let's GO!

よろしくお願いします!

Anime Rating


Story (Rating: 7/10)

The story is a typical slice-of-life comedy, no particular plot style other than surrounding the theme of the MC's new marriage life. The comedy of the story is hilarious and ridiculous. As for the story flow and pacing, they are pretty decent. Also, the story is quite easy to understand as it's a slice of life anime with no complicated things happening.

Transforming...

Hero time!!!!!

Art and Animation (Rating: 6/10)

The art and animations are pretty dated. Well...it's an anime back in the 2000s. The characters look decent and are drawn well and consistent. Most of the drawing is to give the character ridiculous facial expression and reaction for ridiculous situations. Overall, there's nothing noteworthy about the art and animation as making characters with ridiculous facial expression is relatively easy. I'm not writing off the hard work of the animator but I dun think it is that good for me to give high marks here.

LMAO! Wow...

Wow...that exaggeration...

Sound and Music (Rating: 6/10)

The opening song is pretty decent and lively, suited for this anime. As for the ending, I...seriously didn't think much about it. It's...OK la. The background music is nicely done though. Sound effects? Nothing to nitpick about. Yeah...OK, let's move on.

Took this from the opening sequence...

Characters (Rating: 7/10)

Most of the characters in the anime don't experience many changes but it's a different case of the main character. He gained a few skills that humans don't possess. Wow...what?! Ahem! Also, Nagasumi, the MC, slowly grow in character for San. Oh, the side characters? Well, they are mostly for comedic effect and don't experience many changes to preserve the hilarious and ridiculous interaction. Relatability? I dun think there are many but I think you can pick some for yourself. Overall, I'm not really a fan of the characters in this anime.

LOL! That scene!

Enjoyment (Rating: 8/10)

As a newbie at that point, I enjoyed it. The comedy, drama and the ridiculous story and scenarios in this anime are worth the watch. You can watch it for the sake of having a good laugh and have a say on their ridiculous scenes.

That...what?!



Overall Rating: 6.8 (6.5)/10

Screenshots


Wow...this poem

That power...O.O

Ooh...San in her bikini.

Maki...here to assassinate Nagasumi

O.O...RIP Nagasumi

O.O...wtf?!

What?! Is this a war?!

Luna and her war song!

Nagasumi saved a loli...

San reunites with an old friend...

PV/Trailer






Conclusion


It's been a while since I have written about a certain anime that I've watched a long time ago. I know that this post is shorter and took a shorter time than usual but I have tried to make it as high quality as possible. Anyway, I will continue to publish quality content for you! This is the end of this post. I hope that you've enjoyed reading and browsing this blog. Goodbye, and God bless you! 

Aww...a sweet ending...

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

Let's talk about another Trinity Seven movie again!

You said NO Fighting High School Girls?! Why not?

SukaSuka Anime Review: A SERIOUS Contender for Having the Longest Title for An Anime EVER!!!

Time for a fanfare!!!! Fanfare of Aikatsu!!!!! Aikatsu on steroids!!!!!!