A simple reunion with Z/X Ignition characters...

Hello, people. How is life? I'm trying really hard to clear my draft from my closet but I dun wanna publish a blog post for the sake of publishing. With the COVID-19 still rampaging and my draft post continues to pile up, I have decided to write as much as can and keep the quality at the same time.

Swimsuits!!!

With me putting down anime review for a moment to talk about Love with You, it's time for Z/X Code Reunion! There's not much nostalgia as it mostly focused on only one of the characters that appeared in Z/X Ignition and mostly surround new characters. Anyway, let's go!




WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.

Introduction


The anime Code Reunion.

Oh, it's already the introduction segment? I won't elaborate much because I did introduce this anime briefly in my previous post of this series. This anime is part of the Z/X series, just to remind you. This anime, Z/X Code Reunion was aired in 2019, which is an adaptation of a new manga series of the same title. This anime is made by...Wait, why am I repeating myself? OK, don't mind me. Let's move on. 

This is the manga...volume 1!

Plot


Rigel and Azumi...

As I had mentioned before in my post about Ignition, the story centres around Kagamihara Azumi and Rigel. This time, they just a partnership that had just started. Why? Let me talk about the story first, OK?

Azumi in the treatment pod...meeting with Rigel.

Anyway, Azumi got picked out her treatment pod because of a weird disease that she had as a child after the appearance of the Z/X. Oh, see a similar pattern? Anyway, this time the world is not as chaotic as the world in Ignition because of the signing of a peace treaty. It has secured a tenuous ceasefire between mankind and the Z/X, which is a creature that appears from another world. Not gonna further explain what Z/X is. I had mentioned in the Ignition post.

Aoba, tone down your mad driving skills.

Azumi, Rigel and Ena starting their academy life

The pair (in which MAL says that it's an unlikely pair. I dun think so, MAL) head to newly established Fujimisaki Academy together with Chitose Aoba (driver), Ena Soranokawa and Nephrite, her Z/X. See?
We will see some familiar faces from Ignition again here. Of course, it won't be only her. There are other characters that will appear in this anime. Who? Just follow my storytelling and you will see.

Nice meeting you, Yuni-chan!

A brawl between Matoi and Shuri.

The girls arrived at the Fujimisaki Academy, a school that they are gonna attend. This academy will soon be proven to be no ordinary school. In this academy, Ena and Azumi will meet their future team members and partners, Tsukigata Yuni (and her Z/X partner, Amrita), Kijino Shuri (and her partner, Muramasa) and Shinonome Matoi (and her partner, Sonne).

Time to fight!

Rescue incoming!

So, how they become partners? They become partners by meeting each other in a tower that teleports the girls to the location of their enemies. Although they failed to beat the enemy, they did successfully hold it back to get their reinforcements to come to their rescue. That enemy is called the Inerma, which is from the Dynamis world where it is known to be the place where the gods live. Its task is to destroy the world to continue the world reincarnation cycle of destruction and revival.

Inerma...they call it.

With simple terminology and basic world setting settled, all of the girls in the academy are put into groups of 5. The MC's group is placed into the last group as they are the worst-performing team in the academy. With that, they started a life of hard training and normal academy life. Also, a little secret will be exposed at the final stages of the anime. Well, if you watched this anime, you will know what I am talking about. To be honest, there's nothing much to talk about this anime. It's the typical anime where the MC trains hard to become strong but with a twist. For this anime, it's Ena's secret identity as the created being by the gods in the Dynamis and is a spy send into Earth by Dynamis. Oops! I've exposed it. Anyway, time to move on. xD

The secret of Ena revealed...

Anime Rating


Story (Rating: 7/10)

Decent plot with a simple plot where the MC's team grow in strength and bonding stronger with each other. The story has a simple and common structure, which makes it pretty predictable and easy to understand. Nothing much I could say. Oh, the story has a good plot flow and good story pacing. Oh BTW, the ending is much better in Code Reunion than in Ignition. It didn't make me feel the way I felt in Ignition.

All hope on you girls...

Art and Animation (Rating: 6/10)

The characters look decent. The animation is quite consistent and decently made. No weird animation as I know. Repetitive? Well, I'm not sure about that. The use of static backgrounds in fighting scenes? Not too bad, I think since the fight are mostly ranged fighting. There's nothing much I can say here.

The world tree...quite well-drawn

Sound and Music (Rating: 6/10)

The music in this anime is pretty decent overall. The opening and closing theme song are pretty decent. Pretty fitting for the anime but sadly, not to my taste.

The opening sequence...

Characters (Rating: 7/10)

The MC's team development is decent and decently constructed. The characters are not cute enough for me but their skill development, interpersonal development and inner character development are good to watch. Their interactions are pretty nice to watch, like Matoi's sister affection with Ena. CUTE! The background digging of the MC team girls is decent and well-constructed.

What a cute scene...

Enjoyment (Rating: 7/10)

Decent enjoyment. Decent story. Pretty standard but I still like it. It is good enough for me to continue it throughout its airing. The special form of the different MCs is the eyecatcher for me as this is not in Ignition. I believe the curiosity of wanting to know their new form of Z/X users does keep the viewers engaged. Also, again I say this: the ending is much better in Code Reunion than in Ignition as it didn't make me feel the way I felt in Ignition. One more thing, if you are looking for a nostalgia ride, there's none in it although there are a few Z/X Ignition characters in it.

Nice and relaxing firecracker time!



Overall Rating: 6.6 (6.5)/10

Screenshots


Matoi's overboost!!!

Yuni's overboost!!!

Azumi's overboost!!!

Team E's summer training!

Beach time!!!

Cute girls having fun with firecracker

Ena's Dynamis form...

Looking at Ena's Dynamis form up-close...

Ena's overboost!!!

Shuri's overboost!!!

Team E overboost done!!!

Team E's mini gathering without Ena...sigh...

PV






Conclusion


Oh, it's the end already? Oh, I've forgotten to explain myself on the change of mind as I've said before:
Anyway, I will further elaborate next time on why I don't think of Code Reunion, as a sequel initially and why the change of mind.
Well, why? It is because of the world setting of having a cycle of destruction and reincarnation. This setting is not established in the first episode. Plus, the first episode of both Ignition and Code reunion surprises me because of Azumi's relationship with Rigel. In Ignition, Azumi already has a relationship with Rigel before the events in Ignition. But in Code Reunion, Azumi's relationship with Rigel starts at the beginning of the anime itself. So, I thought for certain that they couldn't be a sequel for quite a while. Also, the ending of Ignition where certain individual hoped for peace and unity between the different worlds gives me the thought that it is possible that this is a far-future from the events of Ignition after the destruction of the Ignition world. Also, one more thing, I know why this anime is called Code Reunion. It's because Ena returns to the team after being free from Dynamis so the Team E reunited. Reunion. OK, time to end this post. I hope that you enjoy reading and browsing this blog. Goodbye, and God bless you!

A cute picture of Ena for you to end this post. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

I need an apartment for my figures and...maybe a Glass Doll?

Let's Aikatsu! This Time with Our Friends!

A literal dumpster fire! Ooh...brace yourselves...the snowflake storm incoming!!!!

Yell It OUT LOUD!!!! C-H-E-E-R!!!