I was a bit desperate go into One Room...

Hi. How are you? I'm doing fine. Still trying to make up for the 4 months of not publishing anything. Anyway, I need to talk about one thing. For real. let's seat down and talk.

How can I not get along this bandwagon with such a cute girl?

After talking about that song from the Akebi-chan anime, I think it's time for me to admit it. I lost to my loneliness at last and dive into this "my life with a girl that I will fall in love with". AHHHHHH!!!!!! I lost. I'm a man, defeated. Anyway, it's time to talk about One Room and to talk about my downfall.


WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT! This post is very likely to contain spoilers for this anime. So...if you are planning to watch the anime without any spoilers, you can either continue to read this post or move on and watch the anime.



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.


Introduction


One Room!

The anime, One Room is a Japanese original short anime television series produced by SMIRAL and animated by Typhoon Graphics. The anime got three seasons, which is quite baffling to me at first until I watched it. A period of silence ensues...AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Errr...Room Mate? What?!

Ahem! Anyway, the 1st season was aired from January 11 to March 29, 2017. Then, the second season by Zero-G aired from July 3 to September 25, 2018. A third season aired from October 5 to December 21, 2020. The weirdest part is that there is the "male characters version", which is intended for female audiences titled Room Mate aired from April to June 2017. I guess this anime is catered to lonely people because it is presented via a first-person narrative with a female (One Room)/male (Room Mate) in a room. Errr...yeah, I'm a lonely loser. You happy now? Now, let's move on.

Cute girl!!!!

Plot


YUI-CHAN!!!!!!!

As we had mentioned, this anime is presented as a first-person narrative where the audience is the male protagonist. The anime has different stories and routes, each with a different girl, in one room. Yeah, that's it. This is what the anime is about. There is one route that I like a lot, which is the Hanasaka Yui route. Next paragraph please!

Ooh, cute girl!

Yui's story started with her making a customary visit to greet her neighbor (which is us), after just having just moved into a new apartment building. When she learns that he is an upperclassman at the university she aspires to attend, she asks for his help to pass her entrance exams. This is just one of the many stories. Each of these stories are unrelated in any way in terms of plot but all of them contain the same essence: strings of fate will bind together those who share the same destiny. Yeah, that's all. Moving on...

I want a cute sister like her...

Anime Rating


Season 1

Story (Rating: 8/10)

The anime consists of different mini-stories but those stories are visual novel-esque and are told in a first-person perspective. The flow of those mini-stories is good and easy to understand. Also, the pacing of the mini-stories is pretty good. Although this anime plot is unconventional, I will say that it is pretty good.

Aoshima Moka


Art and Animation (Rating: 9/10)

Beautiful and well-made. Cute girls are all over the anime. It's just good. Id it's no good, who in the world wants to watch?

Cute childhood friend!!!!!

Sound and Music (Rating: 7/10)

Good music. Good theme song. There is no opening song, by the way. Sadly, there are not the focus, even I didn't realize that it's pretty good until now. Well, it's interesting that there is an theme song for each character.

A beauty...


Characters (Rating: 10/10)

The girls are cute. Period. The girls are for the audience to "interact" with and put themselves in the main character (which is you, the audience) in the anime. I like Hanasaka Yui. I really wish that she is my girlfriend in real life. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahem! Anyway, the characters are each different, catering to different types of lonely people. Their characters are being portrayed very well, putting aside the fact that a lot of lonely people watch this anime. Frankly speaking, the character growth can also be seen but I bet that people who watch this anime wants the character to grow closer to them, isn't it? smirk...

Momohara Natsuki. I WANT YOU TO BE MY LITTLE SISTER!!!


Enjoyment (Rating: 10/10)

I do enjoy it. Period. A period of silence ensues...YOU CANNOT BLAME ME, AIN'T YOU? I'M LONELY AS FUCK! YOU HAPPY?!

Yui...you are so pretty.




Overall Rating: 8.8 (8.5)/10


Season 2

Story (Rating: 8/10)

The story? It's more or less the same as the previous season, other than my favourite character, Hanasaka Yui continues to be in this season and the addition of new characters like Minori Nanahashi.

smirk...


Art and Animation (Rating: 9/10)

Beautiful and well-made. Cute girls are all over the anime. It's just good as the previous season.

Cute girl in swimsuit. What more you gonna ask?

Sound and Music (Rating: 7/10)

Good music and good theme song, just like the previous season but sadly, I bet it's hardly being noticed either.

I wish...

Characters (Rating: 10/10)

Cute girls, just like the previous season. Period. Good character portrayal, just like last season. Frankly, everything is just like last season...the way we want it.

Yui in swimsuit!!!!!!

Enjoyment (Rating: 10/10)

...I like cute girls growing closer to me!!!!!!!!!! PROBLEM?! Time to move on.

Oooh...

Nice

smirk...





Overall Rating: 8.8 (8.5)/10

Season 3

Story (Rating: 9/10)

The story? It is just more nostalgia with the return of Momohara Natsuki, Nanahashi Minori and Hanasaka Yui (my favourite character) and the introduction of new characters, Kotowa Akira and Orisaki Saya. The major elements are just like the previous season, the way we want it.

Akira, the cutie!

Ah. Saya the new girl.

Natsuki, my cute sister!

Minori!!!! You so cute!!!!

Yui once again!!!!


Art and Animation (Rating: 9/10)

Cute characters and beautiful scenary is one of the core of this anime. Without this, just the previous season, this anime will be gone in no time and will not have this many season.

Loli!!!!!

Sound and Music (Rating: 7/10)

Good music and good theme song, just like the previous season but sadly, I bet it's hardly being noticed either. Deja vu? Well, it's because it is. I just copy paste most of it.

Cute!

Characters (Rating: 10/10)

Just like previous season. What more can I say? No cute characters with personalities that the fans like will end this anime in no time. Why I still give 10 out of 10? a moment of silence...you got a problem?

Beautiful...


Enjoyment (Rating: 10/10)

I would only say the same thing...I like cute girls by my SIDE!!!!!!!!!! PROBLEM?! Time to move on.

My wife!!!!!




Overall Rating: 9 (8.75)/10

Screenshots


Season 1

That sweet smile...


My cute sister...I wish

That face...

...Mmmm...sexy.

I love my sukumizu!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Season 2

I wish she is my girlfriend...

Cute girl...

I wish she is my girlfriend...

I wish she is my girlfriend...

That angle...

Minori-chan

She soaking wet. smirk...

Minori. She cute.

I want a legal loli girlfriend...

Season 3

Akira

Akira blushing...

The new girl, Saya in the ferris wheel.


PV/Trailer








Conclusion


Cute Minori!!!

Oh? You reached here? Nice! Thank you very much. Oh, by the way, the extra episodes and OVA are included in the ratings. I placed the OVA "another One Room" is placed in season 1. Oh, one more thing, I heard from Anime Maru that the director of One Room, Sakuma Takashi said this:

"I don’t get how so many people think that One Room just some kind of creepy fetish animation. We wanted to make something truly revolutionary, something that really digs deep into the human psyche. We thought we really hit it home with One Room, but not one person seems to get it. I guess everyone is too used to watching ecchi garbage; they can’t put in the effort to think."

Well, frankly speaking, you hit a lot of people's fetish quite on point. You can't blame people for that. That's on you. As for digging into the human psyche, you hit it right on point but just not in the level of a certain movie named Joker. I admit, this anime hits right on point in terms humans psyche by making the audience wanting to have a life with these cute girls. So, on behalf of the fans of this series, I would like to say that we are sorry for not being as "cultured" as you, Mr Sakuma.

More Yui!!!

That sarcasm aside, this anime really hit for me, as a lonely loser. In terms of plot, it's actually quite good, I admit. No people who have watched this should deny that the plot of the stories are pretty good. Oh? You realise that there is a lot of screenshots? Well, I can't help it. I love cute girls. Anyway, I hope that you enjoy reading and browsing this blog. Goodbye, and God bless you! Oh and also, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! Enjoy!

I wish she is my girlfriend...



Series Overall Rating: 8.867 (8.583)/10

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

A Tribute to KyoAni: An Afternoon Tea Time with the Girls from K-On

Ro-Kyu-Bu! Anime Review: Lolis and Basketball!!!

Literally EXPLOSION!!!!!!! Nanoha Detonation is here!!!!

SukaSuka Anime Review: A SERIOUS Contender for Having the Longest Title for An Anime EVER!!!