Bang! Bang! Bang! Cute girls firing rifles!!!

Hello, once again! I'm still practically stuck at home...again. Well, I'm glad that I can be back to some form of normalcy after MCO.  I hope that we can get used to the new normal. For those who hope to get to the old normalcy any time soon, I would say, "Keep dreaming. It won't happen."

Isn't she cute?

Anyway, with the publishing of the post about BanG Dream season 3 and the late 90s nostalgia train and with the extension of the MCO, it's time to publish another post (and even more new blog post) before the MCO ends and is being lifted. OK, it's time to move on. It's time for Rifle is Beautiful (or Chidori RSC)!!!! Bang, bang, bang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.

Introduction


The anime...

The series, Rifle is Beautiful (in Japanese, ライフル・イズ・ビューティフル) starts off as a Japanese four-panel manga series by Salmiakki. There is no other adaptation other than the anime television series adaptation by studio 3Hz, which was aired from October 13, 2019, to January 18, 2020. There is also a special English translated title for this anime, Chidori RSC (which is short for Chidori Rifle Shooting Club). Why that name? I heard that it's because the distributor thinks that their North American audience might have an issue with the original name. I dun have an issue with the original name though. Also, I think the new name still fits the series but I dun think they needed to change it though. Never mind them, time for me to move on. xD

This is the manga cover...1st volume

Oh, if you're feeling that your neck hurts, you can use this. xD

Plot


Hikari-chan!

Izumi-chan is quite cute

The story with a young girl loli high school freshman at Chidori High School, Kokura Hikari. She is a passionate marksman and hoping to join the school's target shooting club. BUT...the club was dissolved due to a lack of members. Well, it's not exactly very popular around the world. Anyway, she restarts the club by finding three new members to join her...in less than an episode. Hmmm...OK, I see...WTF?! Wait, wait, wait, this is the FASTEST member recruitment in ANIME HISTORY! If you doubt me. You can check. The recruitment took about 7 MINUTES of ANIME TIME! YES, you are reading it wrongly. 7 MINUTES! Anyway, 吐槽完毕。Ahem, sorry! Moving on...

Hikari found the red hair tsundere, Erika!

The constant poker face girl, Yukio joins the club!

Oh, we got all members...wait, that was quick!

The members in the rifle shooting club have a goal of making it into a national competition while our MC, Hikari has a goal of getting into the Olympics. Interesting...I'm not sure whether Hikari can do so or not but at least that's better than no goal. Right, people? Anyway, that's where the daily lives of the Rifle Shooting Club members start. Oh, who are the members? They are Kokura Hikari (the MC and is pretty airheaded at times), Shibusawa Izumi (the MC's childhood friend and pretty introverted), Meinohama Erika (typical twin-tail tsundere...slap...xD) and Igarashi Yukio (typical kuudere).

Their cute daily lives...xD

There are multiple competitions in the story, just like a lot of light-hearted sports anime. Of course, you can't miss the slice of life for these characters. CUTE! They entered the national competition after performing well in the regional competition. Although they failed to win big in the national competition, I think they have done well and have shown some character in the process. Good stuff there. Anyway, let's move on. xD

Competition time!

Anime Rating


Story (Rating: 8/10)

The story is mostly cute girls doing cute things with a sports theme. Just like any anime with a sports theme, the MC and the other characters in the story have a target that they wanna achieve in their respective clubs. It gives a certain direction to the story. Somehow, this story makes me wanna fire rifle now. I wonder why? Ahem! Back to the topic. The story flow and paces really well, no such thing as a disconnect between different parts of the story. The story is also pretty easy to understand and is pretty straightforward.

Intense inter-school competing time!

Art and Animation (Rating: 8/10)

There is a 2D and 3D interface in this animation. It's not too bad though. The CGI doesn't feel out of place. The characters are pretty cute and well-drawn. It is good overall. Well, if you ask me whether there is really CGI or not, I would say "Yes, based on my observation on the shooting rifle part." Anyway, the animations of this show are pretty well-done.

Shooting session...

Sound and Music (Rating: 8/10)

The BGM and sound effects in this anime are pretty good and well-suited. Anyway, the opening song is quite nice and cute. As for the ending song, it is pretty good. Both of these songs' lyrics fit the theme of the show. Great stuff.

Yeah!!!

I like this part so I took another screenshot of it.

Characters (Rating: 9/10)

The usual cute girls doing cute things dynamics...I like it! Also, Hikari slowly but surely finds herself having the resolve to improve her rifle shooting and the resolve to go on a higher level in rifle shooting. Erika shows the resolve to do well in rifle shooting and resilience fight her way when she messes up her rifle shooting during the competition although she is really cute and gets embarrassed pretty easily. Yukio...well, just like a poker face kuudere, she is as calm as usual. Nothing much to say. Izumi...oh poor Izumi, typical childhood friend, there's nothing much about her but she grows to like her new friends and Hikari. She has an interesting background story though. Overall, it is pretty good although there's not much about the side characters (which I dun really mind). Relatability? You can pick up a few good traits from the characters in this show. xD

More cute Erika!!!!

Enjoyment (Rating: 9/10)

Cute girls doing cute things...how can I not enjoy (especially during these kinds of times)?! There is a cute tsundere Erika to behold. And yes, I'm biased, alright? I will watch parts of it from time to time at least. That's usually how I would do it. Full rewatch? As usual, I will need to have ample time to do so, just all the anime that I've watched.

LOL! I thought it should counting sheep...



Overall Rating: 8.4 (8.25)/10

Screenshots


Hikari and Izumi as usual, good friends.

Hikari...Hikari, NO!!!!

 I see groping behind the scene...

Picnic time!!!

Cute girls gathering!!!

LOL! That scene...

The two classmates of Hikari came & visit...

Oh, we got a new teacher!

Cute!!! I love to see happy, cute girls!

Hikari shocked

The national competition site...

PV/Trailer






Conclusion


Oh, it's the end already? I like this anime quite a bit so I pray and hope for a second season. I will work on more blog post since the MCO is being extended. Since there's a 50-50 chance of the MCO being lifted, so I will publish as many posts as I can. Anyway, that's all I can say for now. I hope that you enjoy reading and browsing this blog. Goodbye, and God bless you!

Cute lolis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

Literally EXPLOSION!!!!!!! Nanoha Detonation is here!!!!

A Tribute to KyoAni: An Afternoon Tea Time with the Girls from K-On

Should Have Given the Rating for Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka Anime Earlier...Sigh...Never Mind.

Ro-Kyu-Bu! Anime Review: Lolis and Basketball!!!