Let's Get On with Another Season of New Game!!

Hi again! It has been a while since I have posted anything on this blog. Well, I had finished talking about Knight's & Magic, Nanoha ViVid and Pretty Rhythm Aurora Dream. I hope to churn the many anime review draft, that I've saved, into proper anime reviews. So yeah, that's it for the backstory for my long anime review hiatus. Have to make sure that I do well on my exams.

Well, season 2 is out...just saying. Well, this picture was posted before New Game season 2 is out.

Here we go!!! I did talk about New Game before but this one is New Game 2nd Season!!! Let's go!!!さー、行こうぜ!!



WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You have been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you insist on continuing to read this post.

Introduction


New Game Season 2

Well, as for the introduction...you have to go and read my first post on New Game. Sorry about that, I'm here trying to keep it nice and short. As the anime rating, I will do it for season 1, together with this season since I have not given a rating for it last time. Anyway, the second season started airing from 11 July 2017 onwards till 26 September 2017, with 12 episodes. OK, nice and short! Moving on...

Shall we move on?

Yeah, why not?

Plot


Two cute girls!!!

OK, this time the story is pretty much the same format as last time but this time, they spice up the production of the new game. This spicing up includes Hajime (who gave a proposal), Aoba and Yagami Ko (well, surprise, surprise) and even more surprisingly Hifumi. Well, it looks like I didn't mention one of the characters during the review post. Anyway, they are working on a totally new game, which I won't tell you the name (yes, you will know if you watched it).

The same old gathering, the New Game way.

This whole 'spicing up' the workplace involves Sakura Nene (she worked there in season 1 before BTW) as a contract programmer, Mochizuki Momiji and Narumi Tsubame enter into Eagle Jump as an intern. And most importantly, there is ONE incident that will fundamentally shake a potential third season of New Game plotline (if there is a possibility). I won't tell you what is it. You'll have to watch it for yourself.

That face pretty much sums up the tension...

Sorry that I can't tell you much on the whole story since it is adapted from a 4-panel manga. So yeah, you will need mostly watch it yourself. BUT I will tell you a few thing about that 'spicing up'. The introduction of Naru and Momo changes the atmosphere and gives a bit of competitive edge between characters. That 'spicing up' also includes the competition between Aoba and Yagami, not just once but TWICE. AND that last incident that will fundamentally shake a potential third season of New Game plotline? It involves Yagami and I actually knew it before the anime even aired. OK...let's move on, shall we?

NO!!! Aoba don't cry!

Anime Rating


Season 1

Story (Rating: 10/10)

Well, I have to start with the story for season 1. Sorry BUT anyway...let's go! The story is light-hearted and funny. Ideal for those who want something light for laughs. Well, there is no much of any solid storyline structure in this story, but it still enjoyable.

The 'fight'...it's just funny.

Art and Animation (Rating: 7/10)

The animation is great, I say. The look of the anime is fine, pretty standard. Overall, quite good.

Oh no! Aoba!

Sound and Music (Rating: 8/10)

In regards to how it sounds...the BGM is fine. Well, it should always be that way. As the OP and ED song, as usual, I like the OP song but the ED song is fine for me. BUT my favourite is the opening theme song.

The screenshot from the OP in season 1

Characters (Rating: 10/10)

Characters? Oh yeah...they are so FREAKING CUTE!!!!!!!!!!! I like all of the characters! The development of the relationship between characters, change in attitude and the characters working together to complete the game.

Aoba is so cute!

Enjoyment (Rating: 10/10)

The anime? VERY much enjoyable. I like the characters, the light-hearted scenes and the opening song. In every aspect, I enjoyed it. Well, don't worry about the rating that I gave to the arts and animation aspect. I don't usually give a high rating on that aspect unless the animation is particularly striking or/and challenging or demanding for the animator.

Well...this picture does not sum up about how I feel about this anime.



Overall Rating: 9 (7)/10

Season 2

Story (Rating: 10/10)

As for season 2, it continues the same pattern as season 1. They are making a new game and the story describes how all of the characters get together to finish the game. Same as the last season, the story is light-hearted and funny. Ideal for those who want something light for laughs. Well, there is no much of any solid storyline structure in this story, but it still enjoyable. BUT there is a twist at the end that involves one of the characters leaving, Yagami. Oops! It's a spoiler. Well, you should have expected that, right? Didn't you?

Game testing session!!! Well, that's something new.

Art and Animation (Rating: 7/10)

Same old same. The animation is great, I say. The look of the anime is fine, pretty standard. Overall, quite good. The animation should always be good, honestly. The animation of this anime is DEFINITELY unlike the anime, Mahou Shoujo? Naria☆Girls, an anime with terrible 3D animation, lousy storytelling and don't even deserve a spot on your list of anime or on TV.

Aoba plays with the cat.

Sound and Music (Rating: 8/10)

Same as season 1, the BGM is fine, great OP song again and quite a fine ED song. Well, my favourite is the opening theme song. Same as season 1. Hehe...

A scene from the opening song

Characters (Rating: 10/10)

Characters? Well, same as the first season. They are so FREAKING CUTE!!!!!!!!!!! I like all of the characters! The development of the relationship between characters, change in attitude and the characters working together to complete the game. Well, some people don't like the addition of Naru and Momiji. For me, the introduction spices up the dynamics and keep the anime 'fresh' as it were.

From left: Mochizuki Momiji, Narumi Tsubame.

Enjoyment (Rating: 10/10)

The anime? Same as season 1, VERY much enjoyable. I like the characters, the light-hearted scenes and the opening song. In every aspect, I enjoyed it. REALLY enjoyed it. I do recommend New Game season 1 and 2 to ANYONE who loves light-hearted anime.

Departure...

Aoba! Be strong!



Overall Rating: 9 (7)/10

Screenshots (Season 2 ONLY)


BTW, this girl is actually Yun.

The cat maid squad!!! From left: Yun, Aoba, Hajime and Tsubame

That face...LOL!

Maid fan service!!!

Aoba's special service!

Nyan!

Naru! More maid fanservice!

Wow...Aoba goes on a ranting spree...

One last ranting...

Anime PV






Well, I did give it last time. Anyway, let's move on.

Conclusion


Oh, hi, this is the end of this post already. I hope you enjoyed this post. Will try to churn out more...as much as I can. Hope to see you again. God bless you and goodbye!

Hope to see you again. Bye!



Overall Rating (whole anime): 9 (7)/10

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

Let's talk about another Trinity Seven movie again!

Time for a fanfare!!!! Fanfare of Aikatsu!!!!! Aikatsu on steroids!!!!!!

You said NO Fighting High School Girls?! Why not?

Strike it REAL HARD with Nanoha StrikerS!!!!!!