It's time to re-retrieve the pieces of chaos...

Hi, people! Anyway, I wanted to work on this blog on a Friday night but well, I would say, there were way too many things had happened that need me to fix. OK, putting that aside, after publishing a series of blog posts, it is time for another. This time...

Remember her?

...it's time to re-retrieve the pieces of chaos that was left behind. It's gonna be about GOSICK! Anyway, I did mention it a LONG time ago. It was decent but I wanna make it better and wanna talk more about it. Anyway, it's time to retrace those pieces of chaos and its footprint. Let's go.



WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.

Introduction


GOSICK anime...

I would give a proper introduction to this series on this post as I didn't do a proper introduction to this series on the previous post. The name, Gosick itself is a curious case. It is derived from the word, Gothic. When spoken in a Japanese slang (using Japanese kana pronunciation), it sounds like the word, Gosick. Well, I didn't get the info from the author but by guessing and knowing how to pronounce Japanese words. To be honest, English words in Japanese slang sounds pretty odd. Anyway, moving on...

GOSICK light novel...

The series, Gosick (in Japanese, ゴシック) started as a Japanese light novel series written by Sakuraba Kazuki, with Takeda Hinata to draw the illustrations. There is also a manga adaptation done by Sakuya Amano, which was serialized in Fujimi Shobo's Monthly Dragon Age magazine. As for the anime series, it was done by Bones and was aired between January and July 2011.

GOSICK manga...

What is more intriguing is that there is a sequel novel for it. It is titled Gosick New Continent, which was released in December 2013. It stopped at the 4th volume. Well, it has probably ended...maybe not. I don't know. Need more information on that but I think it has probably ended as it is already about 3 years after the last volume of Gosick New Continent. OK, I need to move on. 

I might buy it one day...

Anime Rating


Story (Rating: 9/10)

The story started as a journey to solve the mysteries and slowly reveals that the incidents that Victorique solved are related to each other in a subtle manner. Those incident are also related to the urban legends and stories that are passed down in that fictional world. The story also slowly turned into a slightly more sinister, darker story. The mystery in the story captivates me even when the story had slowly changed into a darker one. The plot, flow and pacing of the story are pretty good as they gradually introduce. Anyway, the story is a little complicated but it is still relatively easy to understand.

The madness and legend...

Art and Animation (Rating: 8/10)

The art and animation are pretty good. They are consistent and pretty good. I quite like the cute reaction of Victorque. And yeah, it is pretty cute.

Shiny!!! I bet Trump likes sparkling gold.

Sound and Music (Rating: 7/10)

The background music of the anime is pretty good and well-placed. As for the opening theme song, I really like it quite a lot. As for the ending theme song, they are pretty good but not really my cup of tea. Wait...why does it sounds the same?

Interesting opening sequence animation...

Characters (Rating: 8/10)

As for the character development, there is hardly any character development for the supporting characters as they are mostly focused on resolving the mystery of the case and have focused a lot of the character development on the two MCs, Kujou and Victorque. Relatable? Hmmm...the scene where riots are on the street is probably relatable in Europe and some parts of the world nowadays. Other than that, maybe not so much? I don't know. You decide. I like Victorque a lot...isn't she cute? xD

CUTE!!! SO CUTE!!!!

Enjoyment (Rating: 10/10)

I really enjoy the light-hearted moment and the moments of uncovering the mysteries. The anime captives me till the very end although the darker parts of it are not really something I would watch nowadays. Anyway, still, I would watch it again if I had the time.

Victorque is not happy...but she still cute.



Overall Rating: 8.4 (8)/10

Conclusion


I wanted to post more screenshots but I wanna do as soon as I can...so here we go. I think that there are sufficient screenshots from the previous post. ENJOY! I would be busy this week. No guarantee that I could publish any blog post this week. Anyway, with me successfully re-retrieve the pieces of chaos, it's time for me to leave. I hope that you enjoy reading it. I also hope to have you browsing this blog once again. Goodbye, and God bless you!

More cuteness of Victorque before u go...

Victorque...CUTE!

She looks pretty cute there...Oh, what she is receiving?

Awww...that precious smile of hers...

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

Review on Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry: A Decent Underdog Story

I need an apartment for my figures and...maybe a Glass Doll?

Let's Aikatsu! This Time with Our Friends!

A literal dumpster fire! Ooh...brace yourselves...the snowflake storm incoming!!!!