I feel like looking back at my time with Kotoura-san. And NO, I'm talking about anime.

Hi, people! This week, I can't as much as last week because of work and being involved in an exhibition. Anyway, I'm trying to work on my new blog post as much as I can. And also, I'm trying to clear out the draft post that I've prepared in advance.

Remember her?

Anyway, it's time to revisit Kotoura once again. Not because she is my girlfriend, but because I didn't give ratings to it previously. And yes, I'm talking about the anime called Kotoura-san. LOL! OK, with that settled, time to go!



WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.

Introduction


Kotoura-san!

Well, the same issue as the previous ones. No proper introduction to the series is being given so...let's go! The series Kotoura-san (in Japanese, 琴浦さん) is originally a four-panel manga series by Enokizu, that appeared as a serial four-panel manga in the web magazine Manga Goccha. The manga was then moved to the manga magazine Megami from October 14, 2010, to April 22, 2015. These web magazines are owned by Micro Magazine

The manga cover...

As for the anime adaptation, there are done by AIC Classic, which was aired in early 2013. There are FIVE online bonus episodes. Those bonus episodes are called Haruka's Room (春香の部屋). Oh yeah, I've forgotten that this series's name is being translated as The Troubled Life of Miss Kotoura (given by NIS America). Well, I think it pretty much suited the theme of this series. LOL! Anyway, with the basics settled. It's time for me to settle the unsettled score! Literally.

More anime cover! Anyway, let's move on.

Anime Rating


Story (Rating: 9/10)

Like most anime that an adaptation of a four-panel manga, there is not much of story plot, to begin with. The amazing thing is that it tells a story of how Kotoura's life is changed by a person that she encountered. Anyway, as the story progresses on, there are a lot of light-hearted moments, funny moments and even dramas to behold. The flow and pacing of the story are pretty good. And also, the story is pretty easy to understand. And also...you might like the fanservice...smirks...

The running theme...

Art and Animation (Rating: 8/10)

The art and animation are pretty good and consistent. The characters are well-drawn and cute. Hehe...Anyway, there is nothing much to mention here, to be honest.

LMAO! That scene...

Sound and Music (Rating: 7/10)

The background music is well-made and well-placed. As for the theme songs, they are pretty good but they were my hits for a short period. The opening theme song is pretty good and the closing theme song is beautiful. Overall, decent.

Cute, isn't it?

Characters (Rating: 10/10)

Character development...mostly focused on Kotoura. Her backstory is well-structured and is a HUGE drama. Her character development is pretty good as she slowly moves away from her bad experiences with people and her mother. As for the rest of the character, the developments are much lesser as compared to Kotoura. They are significant even though the developments are minor. I think the story really relevant to people as we face challenges because of the things that happen to us in the past. Of course, not the ridiculous things that happen in the anime.

Cute!!!!!!!

Enjoyment (Rating: 9/10)

I have watched it a pretty long time ago. I like it quite a lot. Will I watch it again? Well, I'm not too sure about that because I have other anime that I would rather rewatch than this. It's not that this anime is bad but there are other anime that I prefer more than this anime.

Those moments...



Overall Rating: 8.6 (8.5)/10

Conclusion


Finally, I settled the scores! That was tiring but I enjoyed it. I know I've accumulated more fatigue this week but I like and want to do it. Anyway, this is the end of this post. I hope that you enjoy reading it. I hope to have you browsing this blog once again. Goodbye, and God bless you!

Isn't she cute?

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

Review on Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry: A Decent Underdog Story

I need an apartment for my figures and...maybe a Glass Doll?

Let's Aikatsu! This Time with Our Friends!

A literal dumpster fire! Ooh...brace yourselves...the snowflake storm incoming!!!!