Let's go back to the nostalgic times again...Love Live again

Hi, people...I'm sorry there. Hello! How are you? I'm feeling a little fatigued...so tired. I need more rest and I'm gonna sleep early to get the sufficient rest that I need. And also, I have heard of the arson on the office of Kyoto Animation. That is terrible. Anyway, I did rate the Chuu2 series pretty highly. You can have a read at it.

Remember them?

I wanted to talk about a KyoAni anime but sadly, I'm gonna talk about Love Live instead. Not that I dun care about their works, I have planned to settle my "old scores" as soon as I can. After I have settled them, I have planned a really nice post that I've held up for quite some time. BUT, BUT, BUT...Because of the exceptional tragedy that happened on KyoAni, I will make an exception by announcing I'm gonna talk about K-On in my next post. Look forward to it. Anyway, let's move on to talk about Love Live.



WARNING:-

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't watched it and plan to watch it without anyone being the spoiler, please DON'T CONTINUE READING!!!



P.S. If you want to be spoiled, well, go ahead and read it. You HAD been warned. Don't blame me for being spoiled if you INSIST on continuing to read this post.

Introduction

Here we go again...

The Love Live series is a multimedia franchise. There is manga, anime, music and so on...So many things to talk about. This franchise is a collaboration of ASCII Media Works' Dengeki G's Magazine, music label Lantis, and animation studio Sunrise. The anime series was produced by Sunrise, the WHOLE series (season 1, 2 and the movie). Season 1 was aired in Japan on 2013 and its second season was aired on 2014. As for the movie, which was titled Love Live! The School Idol Movie was distributed by Shochiku and released in June 2015. After that, the follow-up project focusing on a new set of idols, titled Love Live! Sunshine!!. I have talked about Love Live Sunshine before and rated it. Anyway, let me move on. I will talk about the anime series and the movie together.

All of the main characters...or should I say leading characters?

Anime Rating


Season 1

Story (Rating: 10/10)

The plot of the story is pretty simple but I really like it. Who says that a simple story doesn't captivate people? Anyway, the story flow and pacing are just fine. The story is also easy to understand, very easy. For me, I have a special affection to this show like some fans do. It motivated me. I watched the show during a period of my low tide in my university days.

The trio...

Art and Animation (Rating: 9/10)

The art and animation...well, they are pretty good and pretty consistent. The character and scenery are well-drawn and well-animated. Not much complain here except for the singing and dancing part, which I dun really like. That's all.

More dancing...

Sound and Music (Rating: 10/10)

Music...definitely is its biggest strength. Good background (soundtrack) music, good opening and closing theme song and good insert song are one of the reasons why I like Love Live. There is also good music that is not in the anime itself. A lot of compliment from me about Love Live's music.

Good opening theme songs...

Characters (Rating: 8/10)

Character...The character development is quite evenly spread although it missed a few characters. The development of character is about resolving the issue that prevents them to join the school idol train. Their road of school idol is pretty relateable as their path to move towards success is no smooth ride, just like in real life. Of course, this journey is hugely simplified. We know that the road to success is even tougher than what those girls faced.

ニコニコニ!!! Once again...

Enjoyment (Rating: 10/10)

I enjoyed it! Man, those times were hard when I was watching. Some of those songs gave hope and fight to grind for some breakthrough. Anyway, I will rewatch it if I have the time. I won't hesitate to rewatch with others if I can make time for it.

Nice...karaoke



Overall Rating: 9.4 (9.25)/10

Season 2

Story (Rating: 10/10)

Just like in season 1, the story is simple as ever. The story ending is pretty predictable. Well, isn't the same for a lot of Holywood movies? Geez! Anyway, good story flow and story pacing is still an essential part of this anime. The story is also STILL easy to understand, very easy. To be honest, by this time, I'm already pretty invested in this franchise. I'm pretty much a Love Live fan. And also, like I said, I have a special affection to this show like some fans do. Good stuff!

That scene...lol!

Art and Animation (Rating: 9/10)

The arts and animation are still as good as before. The characters and scenery are still well-made and well-animated. But still, the same issue, not really into the 3D part. I know this is unavoidable like in many anime such as Aikatsu but I dun really like it. Well, although I didn't realise it until I briefly looked into the animation recently.

Good and decent animation, to be honest...

Sound and Music (Rating: 10/10)

Still...good stuff! There are good background (soundtrack) music, good opening and closing theme song and good insert song. Lots of compliment, no complains.

Good OP!

Characters (Rating: 10/10)

Well, this time the character development has expanded to characters that were missed in the previous season. Also, there are more developments for the characters that were previously being covered. The development of character is about doing well in the Love Live competition, rather than about resolving the issue that prevents them to join the school idol train. There are still issues but they are more about bringing the team closer and stronger together. And again, their struggles are relatable because their path to move towards success is no smooth ride, just like in real life but simplified.

Cute...Isn't she?

Enjoyment (Rating: 10/10)

No difference. Will watch anytime when I'm able to make time for it. What else could I say?

いくよー!!!!



Overall Rating: 9.6 (9.5)/10

Movie

Story (Rating: 10/10)

Again, the story is simple...the aim is simple. It is to help to promote the Love Live competition to the world. The story has a good plot and good flow. Good and funny scenes are as good as they were in season 1 and 2. The story is still easy to understand. Good stuff!

The performance...

Art and Animation (Rating: 10/10)

The arts and animation are slightly better than before. Anyway, the characters and scenery are still well-made and well-animated. Hehe...I have nothing much to say already at this point.

Good animation...

Sound and Music (Rating: 10/10)

Still, good music! You can't miss it! I hardly listen to Love Live song (including the insert songs in the movie) nowadays due to the fact that μ's has being dissolved and I have other jams to listen to. BUT, I still like them. No doubt about it.

That performance...

Characters (Rating: 10/10)

The focus of the character is no longer focused on individual characters but more like the group's direction as a whole. Wow...a lot of light-hearted moments and good funny moments. Good stuff there. Good stuff. Anyway, is it relatable? Well, maybe? Because all good things come to an end, sadly.

Something is troubling Honoka...

Enjoyment (Rating: 10/10)

I enjoy it but...a little sad. Why? It's because this movie is the final say by the directors about the Love Live 1st generation. It will be retired soon later on. Sad but it's viable for commercially. Anyway, I will watch it again when I have the time.

WOW...wait, what the heck?!



Overall Rating: 10 (10)/10

Screenshots


Season 1

Aww...Honoka...

Troublesome issues...

Honoka and co are gonna perform!

Hanayo is joining us!!!

And also Rin and Maki...

Aww...Maki is such a tsundere...

Well, that...is awkward.

NYA!!!!!

Nico pouting...cute!

Uh oh...

Eri is joining us too!

μ's!!!!!

Eri and Honoka...

Season 2

Aww...Maki blushes again...

The trio sleeping...

LOL! You should be writing lyrics. Not climbing mountain! LOL!

Nico...oh, Nico.

A-Rise meeting μ's...

Rin...embrace the dress, my dear.

The gathering again...

Snow Halation!!!

Movie

Umi, Rin and Kotori...

Hanayo, Honoka, Eri...

Nozomi, Nico, and Maki...μ's!!!!

Honoka meeting with an unknown person...

Meeting at Honoka's house...

μ's!!!! Oh...emergency meeting?

LOL! What are you doing,...Rin?

Looks like Kotori clicks with Anju from A-Rise...

Looks like Maki clicks with Tsubasa from A-Rise pretty well...

...making Nico jealous. Oh...Nico...

Conclusion


The screenshots for season 1 and 2 are given above because I didn't give them last time around. And also the same case for the movie but it's not because I didn't give them previously, instead it's my decision to give more screenshots. Anyway, the PV for them will be in the post for season 1 and 2, and movie respectively. Anyway, that is the end. Do look forward to my say on K-On. Anyway, I hope that you enjoy reading this post and hope to have you browsing this blog once again. Goodbye, and God bless you!

A smile to end this post



Overall Rating (whole anime): 9.667 (9.583)/10

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

Review on Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry: A Decent Underdog Story

I need an apartment for my figures and...maybe a Glass Doll?

Let's Aikatsu! This Time with Our Friends!

A literal dumpster fire! Ooh...brace yourselves...the snowflake storm incoming!!!!