It's raining again...Well, might as well write about it.

Hi, people. Happy New Year!!! I had a sore throat after the cold on Saturday before Christmas Eve. I wanted to write about SukaSuka's opening song after completing one on Arisu's theme song "in fact" but lacked the necessary inspiration to continue on. I need some more time on this.


Anyway, last month, I went outstation for work. It was raining very often. On the way back and forth, I listened to a few songs related to rain. Oh man, how fitting. So, I would like to express it via this blog post so enjoy! Let's go!



WARNING:-

Just be ALERT of potential SPOILER ALERT because there is a chance that this post contains spoilers for several anime. If you're OK with potential spoilers, then let's move on and if not, well, up to you as to what you want to do.



1. Solitude Rain


The song Solitude Rain is the main reason why I have decided to write this blog post. This song is a response to Shizuka's arc in episode 8 season 1 of Love Live Nijigasaki Gakuen. It was released on December 16, 2020. The title literally screams rain and revolves around the theme of rain. Maybe next time will go into it.

Shizuka...


2. カワキヲアメク (Crying for Rain)


This is the opening song of Domestic Girlfriend (aka Domestic na Kanojo). The song title also literally screams rain and sings about walking in the rain and rain stopping on its own accord as if it has its own conscience. Oh wait, I did talk about this song before! I forgot about it already. xD

The music video cover...


3. 硝子ドール (Glass Doll)


The song is an insert song from Aikatsu during episode 19 when they introduce us to a new character, Toudo Yurika. This song doesn't scream "rain" at its title but it does integrate the sound of rain fall at the start and end of the song. It also sang about the sound of rain hitting the window with the phrase 「窓を打つ雨音に耳をすまして朝の気配を探してる」. I fucking love this song. The gothic dark theme and the lyrics captivate me. Will talk about it once I have the time.

Yurika's first stage

4. 粛聖! ロリ神レクイエム!!


The song was published in 2022 but went viral last year (2023) because of the animated music video. It did mention rain in the lyrics but it isn't the rain that we talk about the last 3 songs. It sings about blood raining on the internet when Ui Beam is being shot in the song. As for deeper meaning, well, I have a blog post on this song when it was still fiery hot

Her first and only album (for now)


5. 青春コンプレックス (Youth Complex)


The song is the opening song for Bocchi the Rock. This song...I have talked about this song in my previous blog post. The song sings about how the singer loves getting soaked in the rain and waiting for the sky to clear up. I fucking love this song! Yes, I wrote about this song too so yeah, you can go check it out.

The single

6. Black Shout


The song is from the series BanG Dream (or Bandori) and is sung by the band ROSELIA. The song sings about a monochromatic rain for some reason. Well, probably it's because of the song's theme of not sticking to the ordinary, boring, dry, black-and-white life. I supposed that it's about getting out of monochromatic rain. Anyway, moving on. Probably talk about that at a later date.

Roselia! OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!


7. Scarlet Ballet


This song...kinda reminds me of the end of the Tsundere era...and unsettled feelings towards the anime related to the Hidan no Aria series, Hidan no Aria AA. BUT, this song has nothing to do with Aria AA but it is the opening song for Hidan no Aira proper, not its spinoff, Hidan no Aria AA. Anyway, putting that aside, the phrase 「降る雨に 掻き消される この声は 儚くて」sings about the voice being wiped off by the rain. Sounds weird but we are talking about a theme song of an anime with supernatural powers and crime scenes. OK, never mind, I dun fully understand either. Dang, I haven't even talked about the anime Hidan no Aria before. Next time!

Aria-chan!

8. The Everlasting Guilty Crown


This song is the second opening theme song for Guilty Crown. I personally feel that it's perfect for the theme of the second half of Guilty Crown. Many people might not like it but I personally do not have any issues with it. The part where the song refers to the rain is this: 「降る雨はまるで涙の音色」. Well, it basically says that the rain is like tears, probably signifying the song of the end of the world in the anime. I can go further into that but not now.

The Guilty Crown...truly guilty

9. Butterfly


This song...Man, I can say that I fucking love this song too! This song is another one of Love Live Nijigasaki's insert songs. It was during Kanata's arc back in season 1 episode 7. Oh, where did it mention rain? Wait, it literally sang "rainy day" in one of the stanzas. Well, I did talk about the song previously so go check it out!

Remember this?

10. Returns


This song...reminds me of the more emotional times watching the Bandori series. It's from season 2 after the fiasco of Hanazono Tae with Raise a Suilen and Poppin' Party. It was annoying and painful to watch. The song is an insert song in episode 12, yes. I...Anyway, the phrase 「つめたい雨にうたれながら」...means...singing in the cold rain. I...yes, that moment was literally the moment where the song really hit hard. The band Poppin' Party was kind of in a cold rain after the incident at the school festival, if you know what I mean. Will talk about it at a more convenient time.

This single...

Honourable Mention


There are a few (precisely two) that I had a bit of interest in during that period. Well, they do not really make the cut for an obvious reason. Well, just continue to read and you will get it.

i. I'm still...

This song is from the Love Live franchise. It is precisely the song of Mia Taylor, the girl from the second season of Love Live Nijigasaki. Anyway, for this song, there is no clear mention or indication of rain in the song but there is one phrase that caught my attention, which is this:
Silhouettes of gray above the road I walk today
Well, this...it kinda feels like the singer when the dark clouds are all over the sky while not feeling very chearful at that moment. The theme is really suits having rain in it but it did not have much of it. Well, I can go further into it at a later date.

The group album...Hmmm...

ii. Dearest Drop

This song...it's from the anime SukaSuka, the anime with the longest name that I have ever watched so far. This song caught my attention with the word 雫, which means drop in English and was sung as "drop" in the song. I mean like literally water drop. Well, it could be raindrops but the song is quite clear about it with phrases like:
私からあふれ出した願いの雫
and...
あなたへと伝えたい誓いの雫
Yeah, these clearly hint at the teardrops during the singer's wish and oath to her dearest one, rather than raindrops. Anyway, I'm also working on the blog post for this song. Stay tuned!

OP screenshot

Conclusion


Well, that's the end. This post was published much later than I thought because of the lack of motivation and getting busy with work. By the time it was published, it was already Lunar New Year. Well, it's a new year nonetheless.  I hope that you are enjoying your new year so far. I also hope that you enjoyed your reading and browsing this blog. Goodbye, and God bless you!

Comments

Popular Posts

The Ultimate Anime Review on BanG Dream: The STAR BEAT!!!

Yell It OUT LOUD!!!! C-H-E-E-R!!!

I need an apartment for my figures and...maybe a Glass Doll?

Let's Aikatsu! This Time with Our Friends!

A literal dumpster fire! Ooh...brace yourselves...the snowflake storm incoming!!!!